Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

The EMTBravo Group Orders New Computer

7 posts in this topic

Well, with all the increasing work I've been doing on the computer, especially the multitasking, my beloved 2001 Dell Dimension 8200 with 256MB of RAM that EMTBravo was born on and is currently produced on, just wasn't cutting it anymore.

So, tonight, after much procrastination, I finally ordered a Dell XPS 400 3.0 GHZ Pentium Dual Core with 2GB of RAM and two 320GB hard drives. It's due the first week of September.

It was a lot more then I wanted to spend, but this computer has everything I need and will serve me well into the future. Originally, I wanted to wait until Windows Vista came out, but I can't take how slow this computer is anymore and the slowness really cuts into my productivity.

I probaly will need to do some sort of fundraiser to help pay for the computer, since the computer is where EMTBravo comes from and all my new expense eat into the money that used to be plentiful for me to pay for this site alone, so I will be announcing something in the next few weeks.

I'm VERY excited!

P.S. I like my Dells!

Seth,

What size monitor did you get with it??? Over at the NycFire.net Group we just picked up a similar model with a nice 20" widescreen.. Also was able to run dual monitors, so I can have one to view what most people would see on a 15" and have fun on the 20"....

Seth,

What size monitor did you get with it???  Over at the NycFire.net Group we just picked up a similar model with a nice 20" widescreen..  Also was able to run dual monitors, so I can have one to view what most people would see on a 15" and have fun on the 20"....

I ordered the Dell Digital Ultrasharp 19", with the intent of adding a second Ultrasharp 19" when funds allow. Also got the TV tuner card so I can watch TV on one screen while working on the other.

I also have a Dell Inspiron with 15" screen that I use to see how the site looks on laptops and smaller screens. AKA "EMTBravo Mobile Command Center", LOL.

I am currently using a 19" CRT monitor. It will be so nice to have the deskspace back! I am planning on using my current computer as a photoserver.

Seth,

I have been offering to help you set up a EMTBravo Fundraiser for how

many years now?

Call me!

Rob

Seth,

I have been offering to help you set up a EMTBravo Fundraiser for how

many years now?

Call me!

Rob

Rob-

When you have situations like that father in Purdys who was the sole breadwinner for his 8 child family who died tragically in a motorcycle accident last week, or Jessica Martinez, who's family needs support to make sure her son is provided for, or the JIMMY foundation who makes it possible for other families to seek progressive care for child patients with a poor prognosis, having a fundraiser to benefit this website doesn't seem appropriate when there are so many better causes that money should be going to. I'd rather do something low key, like a $2 drive or sticker sales or something to that extent to raise money to offset the cost of running this site. I'm also thinking about corporate sponsorship for select PORTIONS of the site. We shall see as I develop the idea. The idea I like the most right now, and has been helping me a lot, is the PayPal donations center, there have been a lot of generous members helping to cover costs...and that's all I'm really looking to do.

Rob, I appreciate your continuing support and help. Please don't get frusterated with me, as I have a million things going on. We'll eventually figure something out when the time is right.

-EMTBravo

You deserve the new computer! This site is great, and keeps getting better every day! I like all the new features!

Seth

You should design some EMTBravo Tshirts, im sure that those would be a big hit and it would be an easy way to do some fundraising