Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

What's Wrong Here?!

10 posts in this topic

Hopefully this link takes you to the right place.

DUMB

Look at the photos and point out the #1 thing wrong with these images.

How do we allow this kind of thing to still happen?! It's GARBAGE!!! Take a minute to suit up and pack up! There's no excuse for this behavior!

They're wearing metro helmets?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!...i agree

other then that, the fact that this guy can actualy handle the smoke from a garbage fire...yuck? blink.gif

How bout the backup man w/ no gear on (PPE or SCBA)....let alone a backwards hat which looks very unprofessional

at least the guy with the line had a pack on.. its a step in the right direction.

very true...but it does him no good without having a mask on...why bother in this case then?

How good is having the pack on if your not using it. Maybe it is a step in the right direction but who knows whats burning in that pile. You have no idea the contents of some person's garbage and frankly it's probably really scary. Just my two cents but come on full turnout gear and on air in a situation especially one like this seems pretty common sense.

NO Comment, Should be common practice. Seen same thing around here.

Well other than the obvious and commom sense why a straight stream you might blow the garbage thats on fire all over the place use a lesser stream close to fog and hes also pushing it towards the building. Hey will the building catch fire most likely not but better off being safe.

All I can say is that I am proud of the fact that way back in 1986 I with the assistance of my asst chief wrote up and put in place a mandatory mask (SCBA) policy which pretty much required an scba for just about everything except brush fires which is still on the books and our safety smart firefighters wear them and then of course there are those that believe they have "leather lungs". Please look at photos like this and use them as a training tool so you always go home. Safety (yours/ours) is the number 1 priority - ALWAYS!!!!!!

Hopefully this link takes you to the right place.

DUMB

Look at the photos and point out the #1 thing wrong with these images.

How do we allow this kind of thing to still happen?!  It's GARBAGE!!!  Take a minute to suit up and pack up!  There's no excuse for this behavior!