Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

New Yonkers Fire HQ's: Location is revealed

3 posts in this topic

As per Joe Apicella, Vice President of Cappelli Enterprises, the new Yonkers Fire HQ will be located at the corner of Nepperhan Avenue and New Main Street as part of a new 40,000 square foot office building being contructed with the retail center in adjoining Chicken Island parking area.

This is written up in today's Westchester County Business Journal. Hopefully the online version will appear later today or tomorrow at westchestercbj.com. The story is contained in the article about Ridge Hill.

I was hoping maybe the existing HQ could somehow be rehabilitated and incorporated into the new retail project. Hate to see that piece of YFD history demolished, but who knows? Maybe it will end up landmarked and saved.

Also, the city hall annex nearby at 87 Nepperhan Avenue is being demolished along with the city hall garage for another office structure.

Happy Labor Day to all.

Do you know if there has been any architectural drawings/renditions done yet of the Proposed New YFD Headquarters and Training Facility, as proposed as part of this 40,000 Square Foot Section of the New River Park Center, on the Corner of Nepperhan Avenue and New Main Street? I, too agree, that it would be sad to see "The Big House" come down. Maybe they can incorporate that building as part of the New Minor League Ballpark, kind of like what they did down in Baltimore at Camden Yards, with the Huge Warehouse out beyond Right Field. Maybe they could use the old building as a Museum?

Don't know, but the developer has been very open about holding meetings with the public, so drop them an email with your suggestions as I strongly believe the ballpark will be wisely dropped from this project and extra space may be available.

The only drawings of this project are on patriciamcdow.com and they are vague at this point. The developer plans to divulge everything in November regarding this massive project. I would like to see the YFD emblem put on the outside of the building similiar to NYC Board of Education symbol placed on the exterior of many schools. It's a nice touch. And since this is part of an office building, the front will likely be nice architecturally.

Most important is that the YFD have full input regarding the new faciltity. Let's have the most state of art building possible.

Have heard nothing about a training center that I highly doubt it is part of this project.