Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hillcrest Junior FF Vincent Linguanti

9 posts in this topic

My condolences. Does anyone know anything more about this? The articles kinda vague, was it LODD??

16-year-old Spring Valley firefighter's death shocks community

By SULAIMAN BEG

sbeg@lohud.com

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: August 30, 2006)

HILLCREST — In his last hours, Vincent Linguanti managed to do everything he loved.

There was 6:30 p.m. hockey practice. A car ride with his older sister, Carolyn, for Chinese food and a stop at the Hillcrest Firehouse, which he had recently joined. And finally, a long shower to unwind before heading to bed.

"We're just going to miss him a lot," said Linguanti's father, Bruce, his eyes filling with tears. "Ironically, his heart killed him. Every coach he ever had said he had the biggest heart of any kid on the ice. It's just so sad."

The last few days have been tough ones for the Linguanti family. There have been many tears and hugs shared. But the Hillcrest family is dealing the best they can following 16-year-old Vincent Linguanti's death early Monday morning.

A fireman's funeral service for the Hillcrest junior volunteer firefighter will be held 10 a.m., Friday at Sacred Heart Church in Suffern.

Edited by pots354

The article makes it seem, IMO, that he died peacefully in his sleep and it just mentions that he got to do things he loved the night of his death.

Rest in Peace Vincent.

Edited by KFD Kid26

No, it was not LODD. The kid just joined too on August 3rd. Wake is tomorrow night, 7pm to 9pm, at Wanamaker Carlough in Suffern and Funeral Mass on Friday morning, 10am, at Sacred Heart Church in Suffern. I don't have any more details then what was in the paper.

http://www.nyjnews.com/obits/Obit1.php?pid=2061833

Thoughts and Prayers to Vincent's friends, family and to Hillcrest FD on the loss of your newest member taken before he ever had a chance. Although not LODD, still a sad day for you at HVFD. My condolences.

Such a young age. May he rest in peace.

Now this is the fourth FF to die in New York since Sunday.

Very sad.

May all four of our fallen brothers as well as the New York Sanitation driver, Rest in Peace.

RIP

My Condolences to every single one of the friends and family