Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calhobs

CRIKEY he is dead

12 posts in this topic

That sucks. He was a bit off the wall (then again, most Aussies are) but a good all around guy and very big on conservation and protecting animals. RIP mate.

Rest In Peace Mate

Man, he was a great man that we can attribute the spread of information of conserving species of exotic animals

The wildlife conservation world has lost a great hero

Always enjoyed his shows, for all the craziness, he did educate the audience about the animal world. Got a bit too close this time..... RIP.

[attachmentid=1164]

credit: Reuters

post-839-1157383153.jpg

Edited by hoss

Too bad, they said that the Stingray swam underneith him and the barb went through his heart / chest. If it hit someplace else he would have surrvived. The Ray must have though he was in danger and reacted. They say Steve too was very quite, not like his "zany" and lovable act while he's doing a show.

We lost a guy who made learning about wildlife and preserving it fun again.

I hope the old episodes still stay on (CRIKEY, Thats a Kyppa) Thats the show I watch when im bored and the only thing I learn from TV. He was a good guy though.

This is not very suprising, when you mess with dangerous animals its like playing with fire.

He certainly seemed like a guy who wasnt afraid to do anything...not even Jeff Corwin comes close to him.

RIP.

For a guys who would jump on crocs, and grab snakes and do all kinds of insane stuff, kinda sucks to go out by a stingray.

I loved the guy, he had energy and he made learning fun. Most hosts on these shows "talk from the boat" and are not in the water with the animals. He really wanted to help the animals and help us understand animals. It's a big loss and he will be missed.

A very sad day, The world lost a very talented and educated person, He was the defenition of a conservationist. It's very sad that with al the things he has done like picking up and holding the worlds most deadliest snakes and swimming with sharks as big as small boats, It was a animal that is normally non aggressive and usually very calm. I hope we can all say an extra little prayer tonight for his wife and kids. Steve RIP Mate