Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

P.O. in Afghanistan pays $118K tax-free

6 posts in this topic

Good luck to them if they can get back alive to spend it. We thought the Bosnia assignment was tough... This is like 100X worse. And Iraq.... Lets not even start with that nightmare.

yeah $118,400 for the year working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week... that isnt such a great salary.... ok you dont get taxes taken out, but then again your in afghanistan! An officer with 5 years experience here working the same amount of time would most likely make more.

If you're thinking about this, check wether or not the time restrictions on the foreign income applies. Usually you are required to remain outside the country for a certain number of days out of the year. I don't remember what it was exactly, but its alot.

yeah $118,400 for the year working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week...

I agree with Fabolous8779. I have a friend (Homicide Detective-DeKalb County PD, Georgia) who went over years ago when they first asked for volunteers. It was a 7 day work week and he never saw so many homicides. He terminated the contract early and returned to the US with a fraction of the money. Not a good job to take!

There are hiring for everything over there they are looking for POs, FFs, Truck drivers, people to pump gas even! and they all pay 100k+ I also hear that the majority of the time you are training Irais on how to perform the task inside a secured base. For the kid who didnt go to college, doesn't have a family yet, might not be a bad gig and an adventure. Then again if your 25+ have a family I wouldn't advise. =D

Edited by JustSomeGuy