Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RocklandFires

New New Jersey USAR Rigs

17 posts in this topic

Here are some photos taken yesterday [sept.7th, 2006] at Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ. They are of the brand new RESCUE-1 Rescue trucks that are part of the Urban Area Security Initiative [uASI] for the Cities of Newark and Jersey City, and the Counties of Hudson, Essex, Bergen, Morris, Union & Passaic. This newly formed Metro USAR Strike Team consists of 9 Fire Departments and nearly 360 members and will be part of NJ Task Force One. It came about after 31 months of planning & training.

user posted image

Bayonne Fire Department: Rescue-1

user posted image

NJ O.E.M. USAR Task Force One: Trailer # 2 made by Hackney with New York City Skyline

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

What were they all doing down there at once?

It's interesting to see how each department puts its own spin on the same apparatus.

I am also finding NJ to be very proactive and generous when it comes to homeland security vehicle and equipment spending. Same with the State of CT. I haven't seen a similar NYS program at all.

WOW

That frieghtliner crew cab (6x6?) truck is MASSIVE. Looks like a nice new fleet of equipment!

I am also finding NJ to be very proactive and generous when it comes to homeland security vehicle and equipment spending.  Same with the State of CT. I haven't seen a similar NYS program at all.

Indeed. I remember a while back when NJ started the program to get TIC grants for every dept that wanted one. Very good stuff. I remember there being talk about NY doing something similar, but I can't remember if they ever followed through with it. Even if they did, it was quite a while after NJ's program.

Nice rigs btw. PL Custom/Rescue 1 makes a good product. I've been to their factory a few times over the years and was impressed. Also nice to see NJ having these rigs built by them in-state.

Edited by res6cue

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

What were they all doing down there at once?

It's interesting to see how each department puts its own spin on the same apparatus.

I am also finding NJ to be very proactive and generous when it comes to homeland security vehicle and equipment spending.  Same with the State of CT. I haven't seen a similar NYS program at all.

It was basically a show & tell for the press. Fire Departments & Local Government were the only ones invited. They had all 13 rigs lined up, then after the ceremony was over, we asked each rig to drive across the field and pose in front of the New York City Skyline and then in front of a building in better sun light. I shot a total of 142 pictures. Was quite a nice day. Rescue-1 provided food & beverages as well. Elizabeth FD also put on a nice demonstration of some of the skills they learned by getting USAR certified.