Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

Croton Falls Fire Dept, Station 2

9 posts in this topic

Croton Falls is in the process, of an additoin to the North Salem House (station 2). An additonal 4 bays and an upstairs is planned.

FOUR bays? wow. Are they planning to add apparatus?

unknown at this time, appears that some appartus will be moved to station to from Croton Falls.

It looks like construction should start in November. Not sure how long it will take, but it's gonna be nice when it's finished. I have pix as it sits now and I'm gonna take more as work progresses. If anybody is interested, I can get them posted.

Well looks like DEP and DEC are holding things up a bit but that should be cleared up soon. Asbestos abatement should strat soon, with construction to start within another month or so.

Well after a lot of problems with permits, etc. it appears that the asbestos abatement phase will start on April 04 and should be done by April 15. Then the demolition of the old section will start.

wow seams like a lot of stuff went wrong off the start. hope everything else goes better. good luck and i would like to see the progress of the house. and also what is stationed there like the appartus. thanks

wow seams like a lot of stuff went wrong off the start. hope everything else goes better.  good luck and i would like to see the progress of the house.  and also what is stationed there like the appartus.  thanks

I sent "before pix to EMTBravo and once demolition starts I'll send "progress pix as things move along. As far as apparatus there, currently Engine 149, Tanker * and Mini Attack 16 are in that house. When construction is complete, Utility 28 will be relocated there as well. Thamks

Well the job has started. Asbestos abatement is now in full swing, then demolition will start once the abatement phase is completed.