Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Negative points of view and bashing on this board?

17 posts in this topic

If I were to make a post advocating the elimination or reduction of volunteer firefighters from a community my post would be pulled for being inflammatory or negative, but this guy is allowed to babble on about career firefighters (regarding the topic entitled (Fire The Firefighters in the Fire And Rescue Operations section of the forum).

Where's the moderators who are so concerned about negative points of view and bashing on this board?????

I see my post didn't even make it through the night....Good Job Bravo....Way to stay on top of the bashers...

The Peoples Republic of EMT Bravo....

All you guys need is a secret police force and you could have operated this site behind the Iron Curtin

Um, your comments never went anywhere.

To note, these comments were orignally posted by "BuffThis" in the topic "Fire The Firemen"

If I were to make a post advocating the elimination or reduction of volunteer firefighters from a community my post would be pulled for being inflammatory or negative, but this guy is allowed to babble on about career firefighters.

Where's the moderators who are so concerned about negative points of view and bashing on this board?????

Umm, no, it wouldn't be pulled if it was presented appropriately.

We're concerned about bashing of SPECIFIC departments and personel on this forum. We're open to discussion of the issues, as long as it's done in a constructive manner, and without members flaming one another. We've been trying in the past few months to be more open to more types of discussion, and if it gets a little bit heated at time...so be it. If it gets significantly out of line, then we rely on our members to tell us it is, and we take care of it.

However, we will never allow those (mostly non-verified) members whose sole purpose it is on this forum is to cause trouble and stir the pot. That's not why the forum is provided, and it seems thats all some members are interested in doing.

I see my post didn't even make it through the night....Good Job Bravo....Way to stay on top of the bashers...

All you guys need is a secret police force and you could have operated this site behind the Iron Curtin

What are you talking about? First, I haven't been on since 1930hrs last night, before your posts were made. So let' stop with the false accusations. You're way off base. (In regard to "Fire The Firemen" topic) Where is someone here bashing a SPECIFIC department or person? It appears to me the general issue as published in the media was being discussed, and members had opposing viewpoints but were respectful in their interaction. Where are we involved that you made this comment bashing this site?

If you have a problem with me or this site, feel free to:

A ) Stop hiding behind your screen name, and contact me at EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com Or you could use the other screen name you are registered with that many people know as you to post these comments

B ) Use the "Report Post" feature if this post needed attention from a moderator. We can't read every topic and every post.

C ) Feel free to not visit or read this forum, especially if you want to believe a false and fabricated theory, or hold a grudge, such as yours.

We work hard to maintain this forum, and I've been very tolerant of an expanded scope of discussions on this forum lately. It's a fine line between discussing the issues constructively and pointless bashfest, and it's a battle I never can seem to win or escape criticsm from.

If you have an issue with this forum, I'm always open to discussion....EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com.

If you have to hide with multiple names on this board.........

I find it interesting that this guy didn't even reply to the topic at hand, just used it as a chance to bash EMTBravo on the board.

I've been on this forum basically since the beginning, and have watched it, and its members, grow.

It seems over time EMTBravo, despite his best efforts, is accused of being anti-volunteer, pro-volunteer, anti-career, pro-career, dictator, etc. I find this riciulous, and often time these comments are made by very ignorant and biased people who really have no place on this board to begin with.

It seems like some people just enjoy causing trouble, and because EMTBravo won't just let them come on here and rant/bash, they make posts such as the above.

I thank EMTBravo for his work, this is one of the best forums out there today. Sure, theres a lot of BS too, but that's the same with a lot of the other forums I frequent. The difference is, the admistrator of this forum really cares about making fire and EMS better.

I've had an issue with this forum before, and I emailed EMTBravo, and he worked with me to resolve it to our satisfaction. Why don't you try the same?

I dont see the point of bashing EMTBravo, or anyone for that matter. If being on this site makes you think of negative things, then i guess its not a healthy site for you to be on....so get off!

common sense just isnt at all that common.

Whats with the sense of entitlement? Don't you choose to come to this forum, or are you forced to?

A ) Stop hiding behind your screen name, and contact me at EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com Or you could use the other screen name you are registered with that many people know as you to post these comments

Oops, busted! rolleyes.gif

Anyone who is too chicken sh!t to post critical remarks under their original name isn't even worth listening to, much less responded to. Seth and the mods do a fine job of keeping this place running smoothly, and believe me that's no easy task.

My original post was removed from the thread I posted in...It was gone this morning when I made my second post....

As far as hiding behind two screen names, to my knowledge I'm one of the few people who have actually posted on this board and signed their name. The second screen name is so I can surf this site without getting IM'd, emailed, or called by guys who know the first one, and see me on.

This site has habitually deleted posts on subjects that are viewed as negative or inflammatory regardless of the fact that some of those post were the truth...I'm not talking about personal attacks. I talking about the expression of legitimate opinions by members of the fire service.

The posts in this thread prove my point...Who else but someone involved in the running of this site would be allowed to specifically reference a member of this board a pu**y...

As far as hiding behind two screen names, to my knowledge I'm one of the few people who have actually posted on this board and signed their name.  The second screen name is so I can surf this site without getting IM'd, emailed, or called by guys who know the first one, and see me on.

......So then why bash me/this site under that screen name, not the one everyone knows? And we have a feature that allows you to log in and be invisible to other members.

This site has habitually deleted posts on subjects that are viewed as negative or inflammatory regardless of the fact that some of those post were the truth...I'm not talking about personal attacks.  I talking about the expression of legitimate opinions by members of the fire service.

Habitually, absolutely right. I've said a million times-this forum WILL NOT be a rantfest. Some of the "negative or inflammatory" remarks you speak of were biased, used to stir the pot or cause trouble, or simply not factual. A lot of them were made by members who cower behind a screen name. I've been a lot more tolerant lately, but it seems like some prefer causing trouble then resolving the issue....which is one of the problems of this forum and why some posts are deleted. As I said, it's a fine line between bashing and "opinion", and something that never will make everyone happy.

The posts in this thread prove my point...Who else but someone involved in the running of this site would be allowed to specifically reference a member of this board a pu**y...

I can't live on this forum 24/7. I actually do things that involve me leaving the computer for several hours at a time, as do the other moderators. That thread was deleted. Again, if you have a problem with a post, USE THE REPORT POST FUNCTION! That is why it is there

And if you want to bash this site openly, then members can discuss it openly. This forum is provided for the members who contribute positvely to it, and if they want to defend it, then I will allow them. You're not going to bash this site and then have me protect you, it doesn't work both ways.

If you don't like this forum, or the way it's run, either feel free to contact me at EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com, or find another forum....there are plenty of others out there.

I'll repeat myself. You don't like this forum, or the way it is run, tough! The rules and guidelines of this forum are quite clear and known. There are plenty of people who enjoy this site and make good use out of it . Posting on this forum is a privledge, and as referenced by another member, not your given right. I don't provide so you or anyone else can have a place to rant and bash.

I can't believe you put up with this guys c**p! You should have deleted his posts. Some people just enjoy causing tension and trouble, and I have a feeling this person is getting a kick out of getting a rise from you.

I like this forum, and keep up the good work.

"If I were to make a post advocating the elimination or reduction of volunteer firefighters from a community my post would be pulled for being inflammatory or negative, but this guy is allowed to babble on about career firefighters"

I deleted this post last night. This was added to a discussion where both sides were discussed, without "bashing" and within the limits of the forum guidelines. This thread has been monitored since inception and allowed to continue as it fell within those guidelines. Members were able to express views based on both ends of the Volunteer and Paid spectrum. If you were to post an intelligent, thoughtful reply, it too would have remained for members to read and reply. If you posted under a "Verified" screen name, you likely would have received a PM notifying of your deleted post, as a number of members do. It is recommended, again, that you direct your complaints, as a Verified member, to a moderator. It is rare that any complaint or concern goes unanswered.

Most members have been around this board long enough to know this.

As far as hiding behind two screen names, to my knowledge I'm one of the few people who have actually posted on this board and signed their name.  The second screen name is so I can surf this site without getting IM'd, emailed, or called by guys who know the first one, and see me on.

Aww, it must be so hard being so popular, you poor guy! laugh.gif

Seriously, weakest excuse EVER. First of all, there is an option to log in and be invisible so no one knows you're on unless they happen to see you make a post. Clearly if you're just surfing and not posting, this isn't an issue and no one will realize you're on. Second, you used this alterego name for the SOLE PURPOSE of stirring the sh!t. That, my friend, is a pu$$y move. I'm not buying your garbage and I hope no one else does either. You're lucky Seth is a fair guy, because if it were my board, I would've outted you.

Edited by res6cue

OK Boys and Girls is this better....Let me clarify one thing. When I said good job Bravo I was referring to the site as a whole not trying to single out the actual Bravo. Didn't realize there was an actual Bravo. My Bad.

As far as bashing and deleting posts it's your site to edit and manage as you see fit. My point is still the same. If I wrote the dissertation that NY10575 wrote, picking apart the volunteer fire service, my post would be pulled immediately. Make no mistake, I'm not bashing the volunteer fire service in this or my previous post. I'm pointing out, what in my opinion, is a double standard on this site.

One final point. I tried not having my screen name be shown when surfing this site. The feature is not working for me, I'm on a mac...don't know if that has something to do with it. Do you guys who run this site really think I was trying to hide with a new screen name and the same email? Gimme a break..

OK Boys and Girls is this better....Let me clarify one thing.  When I said good job Bravo I was referring to the site as a whole not trying to single out the actual Bravo.  Didn't realize there was an actual Bravo.  My Bad.

As far as bashing and deleting posts it's your site to edit and manage as you see fit.  My point is still the same.  If I wrote the dissertation that NY10575 wrote, picking apart the volunteer fire service, my post would be pulled immediately.  Make no mistake, I'm not bashing the volunteer fire service in this or my previous post.  I'm pointing out, what in my opinion, is a double standard on this site.

One final point.  I tried not having my screen name be shown when surfing this site.  The feature is not working for me, I'm on a mac...don't know if that has something to do with it.  Do you guys who run this site really think I was trying to hide with a new screen name and the same email?  Gimme a break..

Try re-reading this post (#13 on this thread, the one by Truck4):

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=13...indpost&p=65188

The whole "double standard" thing that BOTH "sides" accuse me of is complete and utter BS. I'm sick of hearing it . There is no motive behind the moderation of this forum, only to keep it a positive and constructive place. Just because you can't be like the majority of this forum, and follow the guidelines and purpose of this forum, and consequently, your posts get deleted.....don't falsely accuse me of having a double standard when you and you yourself are the sole reason why your posts get deleted. And give me a little credit too, I have been a heck of a lot more open to what gets discussed compared to the past lately. This site is run on member input, and if members don't like the way things are going, then things change.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

I respectfully make a motion to "adjourn" this thread. This site's philosophy and purpose are clear to any who have spent a minimal amount of time on it.

Any seconds ???

Henry G.