Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need help with a wetdown

8 posts in this topic

Idk if this is in the right forum or not.

My department is having a wetdown for a new Pierce Quantom Rescue-Pumper, we sold our old one already and need a way to christen it, what have you done to christen a rig without the old rig being there? Everyone is welcome to come (it might be a far drive, Its Onondaga Co.) The date has not been decided but it will be a later weekend in October. Were having tee shirts made and stuff like that. Any other idea's would be great, this is our first wet down, atleast in quite a while.

Edited by explorer21

explorer what department are u with? If you guys decide on having water called it a wetdown if theres no water call it a dedication.. Not having water takes alot of fun out of the party..

Does your department have a website smile.gif

Or if your not having water just call it a DRY DOWN. My only tip is have enough food and drinks for all.

Try christening the truck with something that is unique to the company.

Usually the truck gets christened by busting a bottle of champagne on the front bumper. The old one need not be present.

I always liked the idea of "pushing" it back into the firehouse. Of course nowadays it's more symbolic than anything, but it's still a classy thing to do. It's also nice to have it blessed by your local clergy or dept chaplain right before you push it into the firehouse.

Explorer, forget that dry down crap. It is called a wet down from day 1 whether you get wet or not.

explorer what department are u with? If you guys decide on having water called it a wetdown if theres no water call it a dedication.. Not having water takes alot of fun out of the party..

Does your department have a website    smile.gif

I am with Onondaga Hill Fire Dept. It is just outside of Syracuse. We dont have a website but I think one is in the works if you want to see our current rigs go to www.cnyfiretrucks.com go to Onondaga Co. on the left hand side and click on Onondaga Hill. When I find out the date of the wet down I will post it.

It is saturday the 28th. The Pierce comes in friday, wetdown saturday and hopfully in service in a 2-3 weeks, maybe less.