Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

Croton Falls Engine 147 Damage Photos

15 posts in this topic

Croton Falls engine 147 a 1994 simon-duplex gk special, was damaged the other night at the Mahopac parade. The Engine was struck by a bus and the Passenger door was pulled from the cab. Sending glass all over and our engine home. Luckily no one was injured. Needless to say 147 will be out of service untill futher notice.

Ouch...sorry to hear. What a way to show it off at a parade.

Just to update, Engine 147 has been taken to Gowans Knight to be repaired. No return date at this time.

Jeff, It's got company. I drove 18-4-2 up there today to repair our "OOOOOPS"

1471.jpg,1472.jpg,

1473.jpg

Pics of the damage.

Now that E147 is at GK the estimates are comming in. Appears as though it will be around $14,000. and out for 12 weeks or so.

I feel bad for the poor schmuck who hit it with the bus. Thats quite a tab to pay. Hope he's got good insurance.

It was a Laidlaw bus so the company will probabaly pay.

$14,000 for a door and a door window? Was that all that was damaged? I would think they would have to custom make the door because Simon-Duplex is now defunct.

Simon is defucnt, but to my knowledge they have to produce parts for 10 years following the last manufactued piece of appartus. To my knowledge the door alone will cost $8,000 or so. Then you gotta figure in all the paint, and the hand painted falls, gold leaf. All that kinda stuff.

In reference to the comment about the bus driver who hit E-147, I was at the scene and I know she felt bad enough about the incident without resorting to name calling. It was in no way intentional and was due to crowded roadway at the time of the incident. As the host department we will be working on improving the start of our event next year

EJS1810

President/Ex-Chief

Mahopac VFD

though it's a shame that the vehicle got damaged but it was an accident, and accidents do happen, What's more important is the fact that nobody was injured. Had someone been in the passenger's seat there could or should I say would have been serious PI.

Yeah, accidents are just that, accidents. I'm sure she would have felt worse if someone was hurt, so in a way she lucked out.

Being an Ex lt of the engine co. i felt horrible that our truck got hit, but as we all say its only a truck, and can be fixed, most times even better then new, thanks to GK.

E 147 is back and better then ever.