Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

YONKERS PD: Relocation of Radio Room ?

8 posts in this topic

Heard, unconfirmed, that the Yonkers PD and FD radio room at Police HQ may be relocated to the city N Vallley Building on Nepperhan Avenue @Axminster Street.

What would be the possible rationale for this? Maybe they fear a terrorsist attack of Police HQ ? But this N Valley building is way, way less secure than the present HQ.

FYI: They do have an alternative back up radio room, but the location is ultra secret.

Thanks and Happy Haloween.

P.S.---and the city is trying to sell the N Valley building on Mrofficespace.com. (No period between Mr and office.)

So why waste time and money relocating to it???????

Heard about them trying to do something with a building down on Nep somtime back. More recently I have heard that it's a no go..

This issue will be brought to the attention of the new YPD Commissioner being named possibly today.

It would be an incredibly stupid move to shift the radio room to the N Valley building which the city wants to sell.

It would be an incredibly stupid move to shift the radio room to the N Valley building which the city wants to sell.

How are you in a position to make that kind of comment, especially with only the speculative information that you have? I'm sure your opinion would be different if it was based on fact and not hearsay, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Don't always present your opinions or what you think might work as "unconfirmed information" I kinda feel that this some on this board think that city operations are like a baseball game, they think they could play the game better but put them on the field and they bomb.

The City Of Yonkers, in my opinion BEING INVOLVED with city operations, would benefit from a nerw, expanded communications center with more room for new technologies. and equipment, as well as a more ergonomic working space for dispatchers. The space made available at Police headquarters would also be of benefit.

Just a freindly suggestion, but maybe you'd get more of a informative reception on this site if you asked, instead of speculated on unfounded rumors. This site is read by a great number of people, and you should be more careful with the information you present, and how it reflects back on you.But this advice has been given numerous times before, so I'm sure I'll be trashed on the Tribune for giving my opinion. I know there are a lot of Yonkers people in the know on this board, but they just laugh at it and don't even bother repying because of topics being presented in this fashion.

YonksFF - I can attest that Dr. Zuki is "Very Well Connected" to Yonkers City Government, actually has an Executive Position in one of the City's Groups. So, please don't brush off his statements as being just rumors, without knowing more about the individual. In these cases, the best would be not to pass judgement concerning anything about the person or the statements. Again, I personally know that Dr. Zuki has his hand on the pulse of the operations of the City of Yonkers.

YonksFF,

Look on Mrofficespace.com and you will see the N Valley building listed for sale.

And I never ripped anybody on this board on YonkersTribune.com which happens to get a million hits a year for good reason and I hope you contribute to it, including any suggestions to improve local government. The editor is a close friend and would gladly accept any EMS related piece you may wish to write.

Kindly note that the mayor has implemented a suggestion format on cityofyonkers.com and the YFD website also asks for comments and suggestions for good reason.

Sometimes there is a problem with the civil service culture being a bit too insular and never open to change and introspection. Some are in the positions for too many years and have never worked in other ocupations. This is what Bratton found that was wrong in the entrenched NYPD management culture. Charlie Cola acknowledged this to me as well. His father as councilman suggested the YPD K-9 detail many years back and was told it was not feasible in Yonkers, believe it or not.

You can come to my job and show me a thing or two and I am open to that. I won't say "You never worked in the XYZ industry and don't know squat"

Everybody is entitled to their opinion in Yonkers, including citizens and taxpayers, regardless of whether or not they are members of the service. Right or wrong, this includes placement of a radio room. Don't take it so personal. Just remember the OEM move to 7 World Trade Center.

And you never know when you may need certain longtime activists in your corner for various reasons. ( Such as writing letters of support when seeking a commissioner's position)

Look at the gun buy back program, that was created based on a citizen suggestion. And it was my suggestion years back to put a repeater at the Seminary and I was told it was not being considered by a past YPD radio room Captain. A former classmate and YPD fleet services guy who worked on radios agreed. Surprise!!!

Look up and you now you see the repeater.

Question: Is there a problem in Yonkers with door latches on Seagrave rigs? Saw that FDNY has this problem and don't know if the media account is accurate...

Thanks and Stay Safe.