Biographical Info

Tour of Duty: 17 years

Badge Number: Not available

Incident Details

Cause of Death: Struck by vehicle

Date of Incident: Thursday, October 19, 2006

Weapon Used: Not available

Suspect Info: Not available

Police Officer Picagli died of injuries he sustained after being struck by a vehicle while directing traffic.

Officer Picagli was directive traffic near a construction site on Chapel Street in the Wooster Square section of the city when he was struck by an sport utility vehicle . He was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital where he died three days later from his injuries.

Officer Picagli had served with the New Haven Police Department for 17 years. He was assigned to Board of Young Adult Police Commissioners and the Police Athletic League, where he organized athletic camps for city children.

Officer Picagli is survived by his wife.

Agency Contact Information

New Haven Police Department

1 Union Avenue

New Haven, CT 06519

Phone: (203) 946-6255

Thanks for posting it. I heard about Dan's passing from a good friend of the family. I wasn't sure of the arrangments. A good frine do f mine was friends with Dan and said he was a great guy. I have heard of a couple of benifits to help his family out. As soon as I hear about them, I'll post them for y'all.

Besides his wife, he has four children.

Edited by IzzyEng4

Another sad day for the Emergency Services. Thoughts and Prayers to Officer Picagli's Family and Friends as well as to the New Haven PD.

Ahame to see a loss of experience and knowldge to the new haven pd, my thoughts are with the family and friends

Izzy,

If could please let me know about arrangements I would really appreciate it because I would definately try to make since I'm going to school in Hamden. Sorry on the loss of your friend. I'm sure he will be greatly missed, he sounds like an awesome guy.

Andrew

Izzy,

If could please let me know about arrangements I would really appreciate it because I would definately try to make since I'm going to school in Hamden. Sorry on the loss of your friend. I'm sure he will be greatly missed, he sounds like an awesome guy.

Andrew

Sorry Andrew, services we this morning and I had to work last night. I didn't know Dan personally, but several of my friends knew him well. Sad lost.