Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

FlexFuel- Where Do You Find It?

8 posts in this topic

I saw this logo on the Dodge Durango I rented in Oregon a couple of weeks ago, and then again yesterday on Eastchester FD's new Yukons (http://www.emtbravo.com)

[attachmentid=1470]

My question is, are the even gas stations that are dispensing this ethanol blend now around here?

post-11-1162315712.jpg

I was told by a salesman at maritme motors in Fairfield,Ct that there is soon going to be a gas station in Greenwich selling E85 flex fuel, possibly by the end of the year.

what about it is making it so great? is it cheaper or more fuel efficient? and how much does it add to the cost of the car it self? seems like its not worth it until there are some more stations

what about it is making it so great? is it cheaper or more fuel efficient? and how much does it add to the cost of the car it self? seems like its not worth it until there are some more stations

Buyer be ware of alternative fuel vehicles.... Most of the time they are not more effecient than a straight gasoline vehicle. The point of most flexible fuels or mixtures is to extend the amount of fuel available. Often times it requires more fuel to go the same distance when replacing straight gas or diesel. There is a great article in Road & Track this month (link below) that debunks a lot of the myths about alternative fuel sources.... Including the amount of energy required to produce the fuel itself.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...article_id=4060

www.livegreengoyellow.com - GM's website has a list of gas stations that carry the fuel

while talking to a salesman at a chevy dealer they said flex fuel will not be availibal in this area for a while. at least not at every station. it is availibal in the central US and other areas where there is a great deal of corn harvested.

Currently in NY there are a few state fueling stations that carry flex fuel. There are none at this time available for public use in the tri-state area. As for saving money with flex fuel that is unlikely. You wind up trading fuel efficieny for economy. As NY's ethanol production grows there flex fuel will begin to appear.