Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikerabbit

9/11 Memorial Wall on Central Park AVE in Greenburgh

4 posts in this topic

Recently there has been a lot of public debate regarding the recently built 9/11 Memorial Wall along Central Park Ave in Greeburgh on Webb Field. This wall has been a hot topic locally and now has made the press, See this Journal News Article 07/19/04 http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/071...tcmonument.html

My oppinion, The idea of the wall is a GREAT idea, however the location is horrible aswell as the basic architecture of it. The wall itself is located on the North side of the park aprox 10 feet from Central Park AVE, a major N/S roadway in the town. There is no parking within 150 yards of the wall it is extremly close to Central AVE, it blocks views of a landmark building in the town. It is also not symetrical, it appears as if the wall was quickly built without proper planning.

I would propose that the wall be moved towards the parking lot of Webb Field and be set away from Central AVE, to give a more peaceful ambiance.

Mike

The article had no pictures. Can someone take some pictures of the memorial and post them here? I'd be interested in seeing them. I don't get down that way often. so seeing the wall is unlikely.

I personally don't think the Webb Field location is a good one at all...Webb field is just that...a field, and is very barren....although the Central Ave. location is visible to the masses, there are plenty of more appropriate and IMO, much nicer places in the town for an item like that.

But I wonder, how come these issues did not come up when the wall was being built or before???