Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigfitz2004

Rendering of New Yonkers Fire Department Hdqrs

4 posts in this topic

If they tear down Yonkers Fire H.Q. to build that minor league ball park where would the temporarily Fire H.Q. would be to housed Ladder 71 and Rescue 1? This is the one Question that I did not seen post on Emtbravo. I have seen post that say it my have 6 Bay Doors. I think know what they may do with personal and the respond time with city fire is more main concern then where the Location or how many Bay Doors or the design of it would be.

The Developers plans clearly calls out for a New 6 Bay YFD Headquaters, to built on the Corner of New Main Street and Neprahan Avenues, to replace the current 4 Bay YFD Headquarters on New School Street. What YFD plans on placing in these 6 Bays (other than the Current TL71, Rescue 1, Mask Services Unit and Asst Chief's Car) is anyone's guess at this time and only those within YFD would actually know.

I am aware that the developers had a public meeting sometime recently (last night?)

By any chance anyone here attend that meeting or the details of that meeting? I'm curious if they discussed this rendering and any other interesting details concerning the project. Thanks!

Interesting that I just happened to go by the Providence Fire Department Headquarters Building Today and it looks "Very Much" like the design that has been reflected on the Rendering for the New Yonkers Fire Department Headquarters. Take a look for yourselfs and let me know if you see the resemblence.

post-80-1172273658.jpg

post-80-1172273668.jpg