Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONEEYEDMIC

LAPD Police Brutality Tape

4 posts in this topic

I am new to the LE portion of EMS BRAVO but have posted in the past on EMS/FIRE Issues. Anyway when I turned on AOL today they had a video of a "GANG BANGER" in LA resisting arrest. Of course they only show one of the cops with his knee on the suspects throat and both PO's were attempting to turn him on his back and cuff him. Is it that hard to listen to directions? I saw one cop punch the suspect in the face more than 4times and that was not a problem. They finally turned him on his back and cuffed him. Now some Liberal lawyer is crying POLICE BRUTALITY. It's not like he knocked him unconscience or anything. On the tape you can hear the suspect saying that he can't breathe. Then he should have complied and not #1 run from the cops and #2 not resist arrest. I am sick of all the criminals having the rights when they do something wrong and we do our job. I just needed to get that off my chest. Everyone Be safe.

Can anyone read these? I mean anyone registered to EMS BRAVO? I know that the main people can but I some subjects may be not be for others to see.

I am new to the LE portion of EMS BRAVO but have posted in the past on EMS/FIRE Issues. Anyway when I turned on AOL today they had a video of a "GANG BANGER" in LA resisting arrest. Of course they only show one of the cops with his knee on the suspects throat and both PO's were attempting to turn him on his back and cuff him. Is it that hard to listen to directions? I saw one cop punch the suspect in the face more than 4times and that was not a problem. They finally turned him on his back and cuffed him. Now some Liberal lawyer is crying POLICE BRUTALITY. It's not like he knocked him unconscience or anything. On the tape you can hear the suspect saying that he can't breathe. Then he should have complied and not #1 run from the cops and #2 not resist arrest. I am sick of all the criminals having the rights when they do something wrong and we do our job. I just needed to get that off my chest. Everyone Be safe.

Can anyone read these? I mean anyone registered to EMS BRAVO? I know that the main people can but I some subjects may be not be for others to see.

Recently I saw a video from a police dash cam of a police officer apparently shooting a man in the back after a pursuit. That footage looked pretty damning! Then I saw footage from another car involved in the pursuit that showed the suspect had turned and fired a handgun at pursuing officers immediately prior to the officer shooting him. One view = indictment, another view = commendations.

It's like the old adage that there are three sides to every story... his, hers and the truth!

I'm not sure that the force used in that video was excessive without knowing the whole story from the start of the pursuit to the end. If he was still actively resisting, it's pretty hard to say it was abusive. On the other hand, if he was hit after being cuffed it might be a different story.

I'm waiting for all the facts to come out before leaping to a conclusion like our glorious media does!

That was sort of my point. I don't think it was excessive. You can hear the suspect saying that he couldn't breathe. All he had to do was comply and everything would have been fine. I look at it this way. I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

After watching the tape several time and hearing that the suspect was a wanted felon, I stand behind those officer for what they did. The unknown was still present they had not had a chance to search the suspect prior to the scuffel. And for those punches they were distraction blows, I have done the smae thing several times. As long as the officers stated what they did in their use of force report which they did then there is no cover up nor any back lashing as to what happened,

just my 2 cents