Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dools16

1 post in this topic

ALS  i have a couple of questions about your statement, not enough people on the scene and its the chiefs fault for not preparing his men  for what?  they didnt show up  2. ICS has to be in place, correct  but who is the ic  if there is only firefighters  who gets it then  first due engine  first due personal vehicle, senior guy, junior, guy with the biggest mouth, is it written in your sop's? 3. personal operating at different levels, when does this take place prior to the real deal? a chief talks to his officers, and the officers talk to the ff's  if i as chief start asking ff's questions and skip over the ranking officers  the chain of command went to $hit.  and this whole topic started about a chief inside the fire building and lets throw in he was on the line, he cant see the whole pic any different than the guy coming from home still responding, but i can request a second alarm thru him, or tell him  under control and so forth. Chiefs who micro manage are no better than Chiefs who do nothing, the officers should be teaching the firefighters how do do their job, the chief can mold the officer