Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

November Thread Of The Month Nominations

11 posts in this topic

Members-

We have implemented another new "Of The Month" program.

We want to spotlight the threads that make this board what it is.

Please nominate the thread you feel was the most positive, constructive, friendliest, and/OR informative. This thread MUST have been started during November 2006. You CANNOT nominate your own thread. You MUST make your nomination via post on this thread.....emails and PM's WILL NOT be accepted.

Please post the title of the thread, and the link to the thread and why you are nominating it in your post. The moderators and myself will then decide which one gets "Thread Of The Month", and will announce it once we have enough nominations and a decision is made.

"Thread" Wikipedia Definition:

A topic thread (or simply "thread" when used in context) is a group of messages or postings to a Internet forum, all relating to a single topic.

I like this idea and I'll take the first stab at it, also with my 1300 post on this great site.

I recommend the following thread:

Smooth Bore vs Automatic/Fog/etc, Can someone explain this for me??

I feel that this thread symbolizes what this site's intentions have always been. It has had very professional interaction of varying opinions and it stayed very respectful. It also has been filled with facts and tactical information again with some varying degree of difference with still more professional interaction and good fact giving by many. I wish it continued on a bit longer.

I like this idea and I'll take the first stab at it, also with my 1300 post on this great site.

I recommend the following thread:

Smooth Bore vs Automatic/Fog/etc, Can someone explain this for me??

I feel that this thread symbolizes what this site's intentions have always been.  It has had very professional interaction of varying opinions and it stayed very respectful.  It also has been filled with facts and tactical information again with some varying degree of difference with still more professional interaction and good fact giving by many.  I wish it continued on a bit longer.

I second this.

Ok, nominate, second, third? Then I guess I start the vote. LOL Seriously, though, I vote yes!

haha I tried to think of another topic, but i'd have to say that that topic was a very good one...

Just to mix things up a bit I'm going to say LED lights because of all the descussion that came from it.

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=14304

second the led thread and the burnout thread

Thanks for the nominations, but please tell me WHY the thread deserves to be "Thread Of The Month", like ALSFirefighter did when nominating the Nozzle thread.

i.e. I learned that you could do such and such with a so and so.

how about the member under 18 riding the aparatus thread?

i think this is a good one because it talks about saftey and the isuses of young firefighters like myself

Edited by sr71

Journal News Article, on college dorms. It is a very serious issue nation wide, and has brough up some intresting debate.