Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

x635 Snubbed By The Journal News!

8 posts in this topic

Oy Seth. I'm sorry to hear that. I think you should write a letter to the editor. If you want someone to read it/someone with a semi-inside track on journalism, I'll be happy to.

-Joe DA BUFF, who sometimes likes to write, including about his Firefighting.

Does the article say when they started the research. It is possible that the person was working on an article but it didn't go to print until recently. I could see this for one article but not both. biggrin.gif

I do agree that the journal news is more of a journal opinion than anything else.

http://x635.blogspot.com/2006/09/wacky-wor...eal-estate.html

I wrote about the European Health Spa back in September.

I wrote a story suggestion to the Journal News back in October.

The article coming out now is an awful long time to be doing research for such a short article

Or maybe they got the ideas from the NY Times, which consequently got the ideas from me!

The reporting at the Journal News is very questionable.

Last sunday morning (11/19) on Lohud.com there was an article about an auto accident on the Saw Mill River Parkway in Eastchester.

They appear to be having some serious issues about the correctness of their facts so I feel for you Seth. They most likely did snub you based on their history and the author of their article should be questioned for their ethics and morals.

Dude, nothing surprises me with the Journal News. I have been a freelance photographer with them for 7-8 years now and when they took the best Photography Boss, Robert Rodriguez, and transferred him to Westchester, everything went down hill for me. They haven't used 1 of my photos for the newspaper in 2 years now. I can't tell you how many times I saved their butts over the years by bringing in photographs of Breaking News events in Rockland, that they didn't even know about. Even when I was unable to go and photograph something, I would always call them and give them the heads up of a Breaking News story. What really aggrivated the hell out of me was when I talked to them about my planned proposal to my now fiance during my County parade in 2005, and they were all on board. Only problem is that they refuse to give me copies of the photos they took ! I can understand if I was some Joe Shmoe off the street, but I received a W2 from them on a yearly basis for many years. If I had thought that they weren't going to give me copies of my engagement photos, I would have asked some fellow member of my Photography club to come and shoot my engagement. It's unreal that I almost have nothing to show for such a beautiful part of my life. Big Thanks JN !

Its the media, you cant expect much from them to begin with.