Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
antiquefirelt

Job of the driver, and the passenger

1 post in this topic

This works well for us . It may not work well for other departments. Like  alsfirefighter said some seem to turn the siren on and leave it on all the way to the scene or use the yelp, phaser, hi low.There are times when lights and siren don't work in your favor. Over use of the siren and air horns are sometimes a problem. You are right als some people should loose their siren privileges. It's not wrong just different.

Well as long as it works for you! No sense to change a thing until something happens. Heck, I probably don't need my seatbelt since I've never been in an accident and don't plan on one. With all the indications that driver inattention is a major cause in MVA's why would you argue for more things to do as the driver? How about keeping your hands on the wheel and feet on the floor by the appropraite pedals? Certainly some rigs are set up beter than others but I cannot see any good reason the person int he right hand seat shouldn't operate the siren. If the difference in how traffic moves is dependant on the speed in hich the driver changes the siren or operates the horn, he's driving to fast!