Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Nanuet EMS Vehicles

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have photos/listing of Nanuet EMS's vehicles?

I know they are moving down the street to a new quarters (timeframe?) and I know they have a Chevy/Horton which I've seen parked outside, and a Ford/PL Custom? which I've seen in passing, both only at night.

Seems they have a really nice fleet.

I've got a lot I have to shoot in Rockland, and this just adds to the list. Can't wait for Hillcrest's new Rescue to arrive (hint hint res6cue)

Craig Sherman has some photos in his Fotki album, but he hasn't updated it in a few years. I'll try to get you some more info from the two guys in my dept that are members there (unless someone else jumps in first).

http://public.fotki.com/cbs1578/ems_units/page3.html

PS - The guys are flying out for the final inspection next week, then the Rescue will make her way to Fire & Safety in Jersey for tool and odds and ends mounting. Barring any holiday or other unforeseen delays, she should be up here in time for the new year, and in service by the end of January.

From my friend who's a Lieutenant there:

Regarding the new building, we should be in it by next year. We're just trying to narrow down a contractor, but we're moving down the street to the old multiple listings bldg (255 South Middletown Rd). We're going to renovate the existing bldg and add 3 bays with plans to build 4 bays eventually. If we last that long...it's a slow moving process, hurry up and wait.

As far as the rigs we have 3:

249 - 2001 Chevy 3500 chassis w/ AEV box (we're currently spec'ing out the new 249 which will match our last truck)

247 - 2002 Ford F350 Horton (our work horse)

241 - 2005 Ford F450 4x4 Horton (which has held up like a champ so far)

He'll try to get some pics when he gets a chance.