Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Light Up Ladders?

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen the new LED devices that are in aerials and ground ladders that light up the treads/path?

I think this is a most ingenious invention, it really makes nightime operations and climbing safer when you can see where you are climbing (although anywhere a ladder is should be lit as much as possible)

Just wondering if anyone around here has this retrofitted or spec'd onto their ladders?

That's definitely a great thing to have, and another great benefit to LEDs. I know Sparkill has blue lights illuminating the rungs of their 2000 105' Smeal, but I'm almost positive it's done with regular bulbs, not LEDs. I could've sworn I had a picture of it lit up at night, but of course I can't find it now.

I dont think the site works?

our ladder in Mohegan Ladder 35 which is a Smeal does have the blue lights spaced from base of ladder to the tip. It is a great help in making you aware what section of the ladder you are on during night time operations

We have just signed contract on our new Smeal ladder. They have these led's standard on their ladders. It is a great solution for nightime ops.