Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Trains At Union Station In New Haven 11-30

6 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I had a doctors appointment in Stamford, and I decided to shoot up to New Haven to capture an M-7 in the New Haven yards (they have many that are there for wheel trueing due to flat spots caused by leaves and slippery rails)

Not only did I get an M-7 there, but I got some other good shots as well. I'm really, really getting into photography of Metro North trains.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

It's always fun to see M-7's where they don't belong.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And here's a Metro North Genesis #208 I got later in the day at Harmon.

user posted image

Photos from my website, http://www.x635Photos.com

Edited by x635

I wonder if those New Haven cars are the repainted ones that Connecticut purchased from Virginia? They look good. I dont see them on the Danbury line. I had seen them before in their former colors. At South Norwalk.

Edited by car11

THose New Haven cars are indeed the Virginia Rail Express cars. They had a full truck rebuild and an acid wash. Then the repainting. All work done by Kawasaki in Yonkers.

Hey Seth. Great photos, I'm glad someone finally shot those beautiful CTDOT Refits. I wondered why the M-7's were in New Haven when I saw them there Sunday Night. I had seen some MNRR M-7's at Hunterspoint Avenue, if you're wondering. Didn't shoot 'em, bad angle/lighting. Good luck shooting more of the MNRR Fleet, I highly endorse shooting the old Croton North Station or the area around Wakefield/Mt. Vernon West.

-Joe DA BUFF

They M-7a's were on the New Haven line because they were having their wheels trued at the shops up there. There were so many M7a's with flat spots that they need to tow some up to New Haven to lighten the load on the Harmon shops.