Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chazEMT

Upcoming EMT Original & Refresher

8 posts in this topic

Phelps Hospital will be sponsoring an EMT Class at Somers FD beginning the end of this month (Refresher starts 8/23, Original starts 8/30.) Head over to Phelps' website (www.phelpshealth.org) for info.

I assume Charlie Moore will be teaching?

Phelps Hospital will be sponsoring an EMT Class at Somers FD beginning the end of this month (Refresher starts 8/23, Original starts 8/30.)  Head over to Phelps' website (www.phelpshealth.org) for info.

will there be a emt refresher this year and if so when please ](*,)

I'm sure there will be. Just a question as to where. Charlie will most likely teach a class at Somers, and usually it's easy to just piggyback the refreshers onto an original class. WCC does refresher classes, but they used to be (dunno if they still are) on Sundays. I'm sure there will be others, just aquestion as to where. Try www.phelpshealth.org to see if there is anything posted there. You can also try the WCDES education site.

Yes, I will be runnng a EMT Refresher challenge course, as well as an EMT Original, beginning around the latter part of January, 2005. However, the location is still being worked out...it will likely NOT be offered at Somers, but somewhere in the northern part of Westchester County. I'll update ya all when the starting date and location are finalized. As I mentioned, I'll probably start somewhere in the Jan 24th-Jan 31st -ish timeframe. Classes will be Monday & Thursday evenings, 7pm-10pm. Details coming in the next few weeks.

Anyone know of a daytime EMT orig. class being given or planned. I have a member looking to attend one.

Check with Steve Nardozzi at WCC and see if they are giving a daytime class in the Spring. They vary the location, sometimes it's in Ossining sometimes it's at the main campus. Usually Bob Lockwood teaches. Good instructor.

Word from John Filingeri at Hudson Valley: Cortlandt Medics is looking to put together an EMT class in the coming months (previous attempts had poor enrollment). Anyone interested please call the CRP office at (914)734-3787.