Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Sometimes, I'm Glad I Don't Get Fires

6 posts in this topic

Well, many of you know my recent thread about how I always miss fires. Well, I missed another one in Hartsdale this morning. And this one I'm glad I missed....it was COLD out!!!

Read more about it at:

http://x635.blogspot.com/

[attachmentid=1691]

post-2-1165443182.jpg

Edited by x635

Seth- What, no IA for this one?

I take it that was formerly a dumpster? Or perhaps a Goodwill container? Just a guess...

Seth- What, no IA for this one?

I take it that was formerly a dumpster?  Or perhaps a Goodwill container?  Just a guess...

Garbage truck, fire in the compactor refuse body, heavy smoke from the truck.

See blog for further......

It was cold!

Yeah, but you were there taking pics!!! Did you bring the fellas some hot coffee at least? laugh.gif

Yeah, but you were there taking pics!!!  Did you bring the fellas some hot coffee at least?  laugh.gif

That's the nice part about being off duty. I could just observe and take photos, with no responsibilty, unless they want to make a phone call to me, which would result in me being on duty and being able to buy more holiday presents.

And it's Group 1/3. The coffee in the morning is always hot, fresh, and plentiful with them. Thye have their own special blends, they don't just drink plain coffee. These guys don't mess around! I do live next to a Dunkin Donuts, so I supposed I could've though...but then I would have had to walk all the way home and all the way back again.

They didnt have to go very far for this fire. I understand it was brought right to the front door of the station. makes for a short run easy on the apparatus and a short hose stretch. aint life grand