Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

CBS 2 Investigates: Too Good For Gridlock

6 posts in this topic

I have been in the City and seen stuff like this. I remember an artical in the daily news a couple of years ago about all the unauthorized lights and sirens in the City. They found people with lights and sirens that had no emergency role...secretary's and aides, that had no buisness responding to emergencies but used lights to get through traffic.

They should Arrest him illegal use of RED Light or Siren. The Possiblity of Getting some one killed for no reason. It it was any Joe driving like that for his own personal use they would get the Book Thrown at them. What is this world coming too.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I hope this does not cause a stir up, because it is not intended to.

Volunteer firefighters have the privilege to use a blue light to ask for people to let them by. If any "whacker" or "buff" as some aptly name them, has even more than just 1, holy hell seems to break loose. Everyone criticizes them, asks why they need any at ALL.

And then you get guys like this. No right or reason for ANY light other than headlights and turn signals (and maybe brake lights if hes lucky :-P)

I am appalled at people these days.

Nothing new here at all, glad to see that they did do a little investigating into this though - it does pose a huge public safety risk. However, I've seen many a battle wagon. I couldn't tell you how many volly FFs or ambulance members have either strobes in their headlights and taillights, enough LED dash lights to burn out my cornea or simply put nicer LED light bars on their pickup or explorer than i have on the ambulance i drive. It's pretty clear that that violates what NYS allows, but for the most part i've never had a problem with these people while driving on the street - even though i don't think they should have them (by "them" i mean anything more than 1 dash light). However, the biggest trouble makers are the hotzolah types who disregard all V&T laws and are not afraid of running you or your family over to get wherever it is they are going, regardless of the "emergency." I just hope that local municipalities see the danger in these things and dedicate some resource to combating the issue - especially in the city.

Edited by 66Alpha1

I am going to guess at something here, maybe I am right or maybe I am wrong.................I bet that he really did get those Police parking placards from people at the PAPD & the MTA. The conversation probably went something like this "Here are some placards for you to use only when you really need them" "If you are caught doing anything illegal we are going to say that we do not have any affiliation with you and we will deny everything!" LOL!