Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Ardsley's Old Seagrave Engine 163- Found Today

5 posts in this topic

Today, during my photo hunt, I found Ardsley's old Engine 163, an old Seagrave, which is currently owned by a private collector with an EXTENSIVE (at least 45 classic pierces of apparatus).

There were some others from Westchester, stay tuned for my photo hunt spread from today to be posted on EMTBravo.com later this evening

Sadly, this piece is not in the best of shape. It wasn't in good shape when he aqquired her either. This collector has two huge new buildings in which he warehouses his collection, and although he's not sure if he's going to restore this one yet, it most likely will be garaged soon.

To note for those who don't know, Ardsley has an antique 1928 Seagrave that's in excellent condition. This piece was sold when Ardsley recieved Ladder 50, a 1988 Hahn/LTI 75', in 1988.

[attachmentid=1730]

post-11-1165877655.jpg

Here's another shot

[attachmentid=1731]

post-11-1165877822.jpg

And the hood.

[attachmentid=1732]

post-11-1165877863.jpg

Shame to see it rusting away in that field

When he got it, it was in poor condition.

I THINK this was sitting on Elm St. in Ardsley for a while outside, and then went to a private collector who also kept it outside, before he got it several years later.

(Ardsley had two Seagraves like this..in fact, Ardsley used to be an all Seagrave department......here's the photo of a photo of the other one. Notice this one says "Hose Company" and lacks a chrome grill. I believe the 1979 Mack CF Engine 165 replaced this one. Maybe x2011 osomeone could tell us more...I used to know but I forget)

[attachmentid=1734]

post-11-1165891763.jpg