Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IBM Emergency Control?

5 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the proper forum for this, but here we go. So about an hour ago i was in Dunkin' Donuts prepping for a long night of essay writing (gotta love finals week) when two uniformed guys walked in behind me. Initially they appeared to be firefighters but when i caught a glance of the patch on their left arm it said "Emergency Control." I initially figured they had something to do with Dutchess 911 but when i went outside i took a glance at the flycar they pulle dup in and it said "IBM EMERGENCY CONTROL." Any idea of what this is?

IBM Emergency Control is the IBM Fire Department as well as security services.

xfirefighter484x would know the most about it

Not sure if this is the proper forum for this, but here we go. So about an hour ago i was in Dunkin' Donuts prepping for a long night of essay writing (gotta love finals week) when two uniformed guys walked in behind me. Initially they appeared to be firefighters but when i caught a glance of the patch on their left arm it said "Emergency Control." I initially figured they had something to do with Dutchess 911 but when i went outside i took a glance at the flycar they pulle dup in and it said "IBM EMERGENCY CONTROL." Any idea of what this is?

At IBM Poughkeepsie, "Emergency Control" is the security AND Fire/EMS protection on site. Arlington FD gets called in as needed to help mitigate any situations, as well as to transport any EMS patients, and fire calls (true emergencies).

I believe that all Emergency Control techs are EMTs at the least, and provide a first responder level of care, and leave the transports up to AFD.

These guys are also Haz-Mat techs I believe. As i remember more, I will add the info.

Thanks for the info guys, very interesting stuff.

Don't Forget IBM East Fishkill Has An Emergency Control. East Fishkill Would Go On An Calls That IBM Need Assistance On. Like The Blackout Of '03, Or The EMS Calls That Needed Helicopters For. In A Fire Truck Card Set Thier Is The IBM Emergency Control Engine Fetured In The Set. Still Don't Have That Volume. But If Anyone Does Have Pictures Of The IBM Rigs, You Should Post Them.

Thomas