Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest irishfire

Any CFR courses?

16 posts in this topic

Does any one know if there will be a CFR course coming up any time soon and if so Where.

If you have any info please let me know

Hate to say it, but i haven't heard of any CFR courses lately & i believe that NYS is trying to shy away from them and eventually end the whole CFR program. I know that the most recent CFR courses were very limited as far as thier curriculum & what CFR's are and are not allowed to do. Its a shame because the CFR course was a good way for young people to get more involved when they weren't old enough to obtain EMT certification.

There are no plans on the part of the State to discontinue the CFR course that I've heard. They've actually recently updated the CFR cirriculum, and should be coming out with CFR protocols shortly (aaaaany day now!)

Anyhoooo...I actually teach EMT class, and I'm looking into running a CFR class. Unfortunately, it probably won't happen until January.

That is the first that i have heard out updating the CRF course

if u do teach a CFR course where would you most likely be teaching the class

irish: If you get enough people willing to take the class (not just "interested") then let us know. I'm sure with enough demand a class can be aranged up at CCVAC or nearby.

ok i will look i all ready know of of 4-5 youth member at CCVAC that are willing to take it and i hear from some member at CCVAC that some of the firehouse in the area that member would like to take CFR also

About how many people are need to take the class?

Thank you

About how many people are need to take the class?

The more the better. If CCVAC and a local Fire Department can commit to sending members to the class, then I'm sure Phelps would be willing to offer one. I know in the past they wanted 10 people or mor for other classes. You'd have to ask Jeff however for more information. 366-3679.

Thank you WAS967 I will look into that

i finally found a instructor that is willing to teach the CFR course and he said that it will be around my area but the only Problem is that there need to be at least 10 to 12 people that are deffinly going to take this couse in order for him to teach the class

as of now i know of 3-4 people willing to take it and all there needs to be is more students to take the class. I am going to look around at a couple firehouse and other ambulance corps and see in any one wants to take the class.

I suggest ironing out a schedule with the instructor then posting it all over the place. With a little luck you can get enough people to take it. Personally I'd recommend just going straight to EMT, but CFR is a good place to start if you don't have the time to commit to the full EMT class.

i would have the time for EMT class the problem is that i am only 16 and you have to be 18

I am looking so hard for a CFR course because at my VAC the want you to have either a EMT or CFR to ride on the BUS and that is what i am waiting to do cause i fell useless not being able to go on the BUS to help people that need it.

Thair are two(2) CFR Classes coming up in Orange County one in September & the other one in October.

To find out call 845-374 1920 Mike Walton Chief of EMS

Office of EMS

9 Training Center Lane

New Hampton, NY 10958

There is also a CFR course that is gonna be tough at Cortlandt Vac if any one is intrested in taking it!!

irishfire: to enhance knowledge of the class, please contact WCDES and speak to the Training Coordinator, Jeff Reilly. He can make arrangements to have a PDF or DOC copy of the class announcement sent via fax and email to all the Fire and EMS agencies in the county.

Certified First Responder (w/Defibrillation) Course being offered....

What: CFR-D Course

When: September 22, 2004 - December 16, 2004

Class meets Wednesdays & Saturdays as scheduled

New York State Exam date: December 16, 2004

Times: 6:30pm - 9:30pm Wednesday evenings

9:00am - 12:00pm Saturdays

75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY

Tuition: $220.00; New York State Department of Health funding may be available for eligible personnel

For further info or to register, call the WCC EMS office at:

(914) 785-6507

Does anybody know when the next EMT class is going to be held at New Rochelle or somewhere in the Sound Shore?