Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yonkers Mobile Command

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a pic of the new mobile command unit for Yonkers that was previously in service with the FDNY? Thanks in advance.

http://www.emtbravo.com/FAD/Yonkers.html#MobileCommand

I don't believe it was previously in service with the FDNY. It was a former NYC Dept. Of Education "Mobile Classroom Unit". It was driven around to different schools on a daily basis that had a need for additional classroom. These units, when they are done with them, have been marketed to public safety services because their design allows easy conversion into a command post, hazmat vehicle, or rehab center. Hastings FD also has aqquried and converted one.

I'd like to see WC*DES aqquire one as a rehab unit.

Does anyone have a pic of the Hastings command unit? and is it complete? And where is it stored?

Does anyone have a pic of the Hastings command unit? and is it complete? And where is it stored?

It's complete. They've had it for a couple years now, and as far as I know, it's stored at the DPW garage.

The Enterprise (Local newspaper) did an article on it when they first got it. From what I remember, It was converted/equipped in house by FD,PD, and DPW staff. It's used/owned by the Village of Hastings for all agencies in the event of a disaster. It could be used for communications, staging, portable shelter, FD rehab etc.

As far as a pic, I've got it down for the next photo hunt.

OOOHHH, It rings a bell now...