Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Low/High Angle Rescue Teams

7 posts in this topic

I'm interested in finding out who in Westchester County has rope rescue teams and what their qualifications are - high angle, low angle, rappelling, etc.

Also, what training does a member on the team have to have in order to be "qualified" for responses?

Where, besides the fire training center, do you train?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Chris, as I'm sure you know Yonkers ESU is trained in both high and low angle rescue.

We are capable of conducting rescues off of steep embankments as well as high rise structures and EDP set ups. We're trained in mechanical advantages, rope rigging, lowering systems and raising systems as well as using ropes for water rescue.

As far as training goes we have several spots around the city of Yonkers that afford us either steep and rugged terrain for low angle jobs or tall buildings structures for high angle jobs.

***Crickets Crickets***

Anyone else have any rope training in their repertoire? Where is GPD Tech Rescue?

***Crickets Crickets***

Anyone else have any rope training in their repertoire?  Where is GPD Tech Rescue?

I hope this silence is people on vacation (without their laptops tongue.gif ) and not a lack of capabilties.

Anybody from Peekskill/Continental Village on here? Didn't you have a job in Camp Smith last month that required ropes?

How about them boys up in Bear Mountain when that lunatic drove the minivan full of kids off the cliff? I'm sure that involved the use of ropes.

How about them boys up in Bear Mountain when that lunatic drove the minivan full of kids off the cliff?  I'm sure that involved the use of ropes.

Wasn't it a rockland dept that did that job?

How about the paid depts? The collapse rescues have caught alot of attention. Any rope rescue teams available for mutual aid or is this capability included with the collapse rescue?

I have been interestd in trying to find a class local if Poss. I know that some of our Local VFD's do some training but I would like basic course. If anyone knows for PD that would be great.