Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Is this the new Stat Flight bird?

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if this is the new Stat Flight chopper? It was on the scene of a serious accident today in South Blooming Grove (Orange Co). Pictures are from the Middletown Record. It appears to be a Stat Flight crew.

user posted image

user posted image

If so does this mean the Sullivan County ship is now in service? (former air 2)

Its very possible thats the new chopper being that those are the StatFlight uniforms. And if so, shes a pretty bird biggrin.gif

That is pretty nice... good call with the encapsulated tail rotor! I've never quite felt comfortable around their older birds, no matter how many times I load with them.

The Aircraft pictured is a Eurocopter EC 135, It is part of the new LifeNet New York and is based out of Albany Medical Center ( Formerly known as Albany Med Flight )

The Aircraft pictured is a Eurocopter EC 135, It is part of the new LifeNet New York and is based out of Albany Medical Center ( Formerly known as Albany Med Flight )

Unless I am grossly misinformed, the aircraft is probably a "loaner" from the parent company of the helicopter side of STAT-Flight for use while the primary STAT-Flight aircraft are out of service for prescribed maintenance/repairs/etc.

Just like rotating a "spare" engine into service for an out of service primary unit.

Unless I am grossly misinformed, the aircraft is probably a "loaner" from the parent company of the helicopter side of STAT-Flight for use while the primary STAT-Flight aircraft are out of service for prescribed maintenance/repairs/etc.

Just like rotating a "spare" engine into service for an out of service primary unit.

All true. Life Net of New York - Parent company called Air Methods - now runs all the true medical evacuation aircraft in this part of the state. As has been mentioned before, Westchester Medical Center now has no control over the STAT Flight system. As has happened across the country, I would imagine that the STAT name will be dropped at some point for the Life Net name.

Life Net runs the 4 current a/c, and is planning to add a fifth.

They are: Life Net 7-1 in Albany which is an EC 135 a/c, tail number N535LN. This is a new a/c within the last couple of years, used to have a BK117 tail number N951AM. It is based at Albany Medical Center on the rooftop pad.

Life Net 7-2 is located in Glen, NY. This is West of Albany on the thruway. They use a BO-105 tail number N485EC. The operate from a base at the Glen Fire Department.

What was Air One is officially called Life Net 7-3, and is using the N117NY a/c. From what I have heard, this A/C is heading out for a much needed refurb. It needed it when I worked there a few years ago. Badly. N118NY will be moved down to WMC. (It was refurbed 4 years or so ago.)

Life Net 7-4 (the Orange/Ulster county a/c) will be getting a new EC 135 A/C (this is what I was told by one of their nurses) and when N117NY comes back from refurb, it will move to Sullivan county to be the 5th a/c in the Life Net team.

One question for people, have you noticed any change in service since the change from WMC to Life Net?

All true. Life Net of New York - Parent company called Air Methods - now runs all the true medical evacuation aircraft in this part of the state. As has been mentioned before, Westchester Medical Center now has no control over the STAT Flight system. As has happened across the country, I would imagine that the STAT name will be dropped at some point for the Life Net name.

Life Net runs the 4 current a/c, and is planning to add a fifth.

They are: Life Net 7-1 in Albany which is an EC 135 a/c, tail number N535LN. This is a new a/c within the last couple of years, used to have a BK117 tail number N951AM. It is based at Albany Medical Center on the rooftop pad.

Life Net 7-2 is located in Glen, NY. This is West of Albany on the thruway. They use a BO-105 tail number N485EC. The operate from a base at the Glen Fire Department.

What was Air One is officially called Life Net 7-3, and is using the N117NY a/c. From what I have heard, this A/C is heading out for a much needed refurb. It needed it when I worked there a few years ago. Badly. N118NY will be moved down to WMC. (It was refurbed 4 years or so ago.)

Life Net 7-4 (the Orange/Ulster county a/c) will be getting a new EC 135 A/C (this is what I was told by one of their nurses) and when N117NY comes back from refurb, it will move to Sullivan county to be the 5th a/c in the Life Net team.

One question for people, have you noticed any change in service since the change from WMC to Life Net?

XSTAT213, The big differance is they will not give priority to Scene work over interfacility transports. They just offer you the next closest LIFENET aircraft. Other than that R4 is still "rocking with Queen!"

Finally getting a glimpse of the pictures - they wouldn't load @ work yesterday - that looks like a spare a/c, it is painted in the Life Net / Air Methods colors. The give away is that it doesn't have the CAMTS or Life Net of NY decals on it anywhere. A/C are few and far between right now, especially spare EC 135s, so whatever it is replacing is most like really broken or gone for refurb.

It was always fun to wait and see what spare a/c was going to show up when one of ours was going to be down for a long time. Its not unlike working for a commercial service, in so many ways...

One of the nurses told me that the 5th a/c - sullivan - won't be inservice until 117NY is fully refurbed, and that will be one heck of job, likely months...