Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The BEST Scanner Book I've Ever Had!

8 posts in this topic

Recently, I ordered the ScannerStuff Southern California Frequency Directory. I got the book yesterday, and it is AWESOME! Very, VERY comprehensive!

Here's the website for it:

http://www.scannerstuff.com/scfd.htm

Here are some sample pages:

http://www.scannerstuff.com/scfd_detail.htm

-A Massive all-in-one source for radio monitoring in Southern California

-Coverage of 10 Southern California Counties (see below) in Amazingly Detailed Pages

-Information on Police, Fire, Aircraft, Schools, Hotels, Utilities, Malls, Media, Amateur Radio, Government, Recreation, and more...

-Frequencies, Channel Numbers & Usage, and PL (CTCSS) Tones

-Detailed Background Information on many agencies

-Public Safety Terminology, Codes, Unit Designators/Callsigns and Aircraft

-Trunked Radio Frequencies, TrunkTracker Talkgroups, System Information, and User Guide

-Maps of Police Precincts, Districts, or Beats

-Fire Station Locations, Apparatus, and Incident Responses

-Statute Numbers / Codes

-Listeners Guides for Scanners, Trunking, Aircraft, Helicopters, and Fire Monitoring give you valuable information about "what" you are hearing, not just where to tune

-Access to Free Online Updates

-California Counties Covered: Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura

Although this book is for SoCal, I wish there was a NY Version! (There used to be the Scanner Master books, but this is MUCH better and up to date!)

[attachmentid=1861]

post-11-1168553350.jpg

Edited by x635

I had the first edition of that book and it was good, I guess I'll have to get the second edition now, I do a fair amount of traveling to So Cal. The problem with the New York version of scanner master is that it takes so long for them to put it together, alot of the information is outdated, they really should do an online version that can be constantly updated.

I believe there is a book out for our area, its called the "ScannerMaster" manual...or something to that extent. Heard it was very good.

http://www.scannermaster.com/NY_Frequency_...p/01-510817.htm

I have the scannermaster book for NY.

Wish it was as good as the one x635 listed above

I noticed on the website description that it says the book covers Dutchess County. I was just wondering, how well is it covered??

Thanks

Brian

Edited by Porsha911gt3

Brian Porsha911gt3

The scannermaster 7th Edition covers Dutchess County NY with twenty (20) pages of information. All the Dutchess County NY data looks detailed and lists the Sheriff's Office Signals and Codes. The book also explains the apparatus numbering system as well. Adresses of Fire stations and listings of company names are found with Frequencies used.

It is a good book for Dutchess Cnty NY biggrin.gif

I have the NY/Metro book from scannermaster. It is a great book. I know that by the time the book gets printed that much of the data is old, but it is still a great resource and it has info on FDNY & NYPD. As x635 mentioned earlier, it would be great if there was an online version.