Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CG206

Firehouse Changes

6 posts in this topic

Besides those departments building new firehouses, are any departments currently or planning on expanding, renovationing or modifying their station?

Yes Croton Falls is working on an addition to Station #2 in North Salem. Not out to bid yet but it's getting close. Gonna add 4 bays below ground and several rooms/offices above. I 'm not too sure, but First week in November seems to be possible start date.

Rumors have been going around about building a Main Station for the Peekskill Fire Department but by the time that happens I think I'll be in Hudson, NY.

The "City" is looking into the cost to repair our current fire stations vs. building one central fire house.

I will keep you posted.

All of port chesters firehouse's have recently been built or rennovated, with the exception of the largest, headquarters on westchester ave. There are plans for major work to be done to repair the building which desperately needs it. The bids are out and hopefully well see some work soon.

I would love to see the Main St. headquarters of the TTFD expanded, from what I know the building was constructed with the ability to put a second floor above, and I think potentially to open up another bay on the ground floor if it were necessary.. But nothing's on the table at this point, and I don't believe their's truly a need for it.. more like a want.

Besides the rumored new firehouse on the south end, there's nothing more going on in Tarrytown.

RWC130: I would hope they keep the fire stations spread out. I'm not sure how much of an impact it would have on insurance rates if suddenlty half of peekskill were further away from a firehouse and had thier rates go up because of this. Besides, a central firehouse would be where? Center of the ciity? What happens when the big one goes down on lower washington street? I know Peekskill isn't that big, but consolidation doesn't seem too great an idea. Maybe a north and south end station. But not one big station.