Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porsha911gt3

Out of County Firefighters Training in Westchester

5 posts in this topic

I know there are alot of guys and gals on here that are involved in the Westchester County DES, I am from Dutchess County and I am interested in taking a class in Westchester County. My question is...... Are out of county firefighters allowed to take classes in Westchester. Is there a waiting list or anything.??

Thanks

Brian

Porsha:

Your best bet is to contact the Fire Services Division at Westchester DES to get a direct answer. I have never had an out of county student in any of my classes. I'm willing to bet that Westchester students would have priority and I have rarely seen a class not filled and many I've seen sometimes fill in as little as a single day. But give the office a call and ask.

Porsha:

Your best bet is to contact the Fire Services Division at Westchester DES to get a direct answer.  I have never had an out of county student in any of my classes.  I'm willing to bet that Westchester students would have priority and I have rarely seen a class not filled and many I've seen sometimes fill in as little as a single day.  But give the office a call and ask.

Thanks

ALS

Any County cannot deny you access or registration to a "State" course. The can however deny you to a " County" course.

I ran into this problem a couple of years ago, being from Putnam and trying to take a class in Westchester. The answer I recieved form the state was what I mentioned above. This could of changed but I dont think it has.

I've had no problem taking classes in Rockland. Problem with Westchester is the registration fills up so quickly. But then, you have all the no-shows and the county doesn't technically accept walk-ins on the day ......