Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikerabbit

Politics Kensico Dam

6 posts in this topic

Politics

Just wondering what are your opinions regarding County Executive Andy Spano. His preaching on the news is starting to rub me wrong. He is too gung ho on reopening the Kensico Dam Roadway. I believe we should be overly cautious a keep the roadway closed.

Mike

I think the people in the area who are complaining about having to go around and use an alternate route should shut thier yappers and deal with it. Keep the damn Dam closed. They aren't the ones who will be underwater if the thing gets a hole blown in it. Ever see Force 10 from Navarone? It doesn't take much to get a dam break going.

Considering Mike and I's house sits directly in the flood path (knock on wood nothing happens)...........I think this damn should remain closed, and in addition, receive security upgrades including beefed up 24 hour armed patrols.

Yes, it is quite an inconvienence to not have the roadway open for those that it does save a considerable amount of time for, but then again, look at the big picutre.........if people really, really want a quick way to croos in that area, let them pay for it out of their taxes and build a bridge further up on the resevoir. Damn yuppies that are invading this county are the problem. Want everything their way.

Force 10 From Navarone! Get it right, fer shizzle, WAS.

And I agree the dam road should remain closed. And all yuppies must burn in the Tenth Circle. They put a goldang Starbucks in Ossining. Darn them all to Heck.

Yeah, but the Planet Wings near Starbucks is cool!

I think we're letting the terrorists win. Their goals include hurting, if not crippling our economy. By paying so much for security enhancements and overtime costs for extra police, they are winning in their eyes.

I say we spend more money on blowing them all up. Don't like my opinion? Take a number!

Yeah, but the Planet Wings near Starbucks is cool!

I think we're letting the terrorists win.  Their goals include hurting, if not crippling our economy.  By paying so much for security enhancements and overtime costs for extra police, they are winning in their eyes.

I say we spend more money on blowing them all up.  Don't like my opinion?  Take a number!

I agree, 1075.

I did go to a Planet Wings in Poughkeepsie once and it was pretty coolas for blowing these no good ?*!#$&^% off the face of the earth-- THE SOONER THE BETTER!!!!!