Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest nickcabral

Danbury,CT FD- More Hirings To Come

11 posts in this topic

Anybody still on the list for Danbury,CT? More hires to come for the March Academy and possibly the summer academy classes.

Anybody still on the list for Danbury,CT? More hires to come for the March Academy and possibly the summer academy classes.

Thought the list was only good for one year from what I had heard.

Even if you were on the list, do you need to have your CT CPAT already, or once you get called, you can go and take it? I had ranked decently on the Danbury Exam (not extraordinary though), at #49.

Edited by xfirefighter484x

The list is good for two years. Yes you have to have your CPAT prior to being hired. They should be starting more interviews soon for the March class. Hang in there, more hires to come off this list.

The list is good for two years. Yes you have to have your CPAT prior to being hired. They should be starting more interviews soon for the March class. Hang in there, more hires to come off this list.

I knew you needed it prior to hiring, was just curious whether or not you would be passed up for an interview if you didn't have the CPAT already.

i hear danbury is an awesome dept to work for! I missed this test but I wud love to get hired there,, do you see them establishing a list again in the near future?

Just got a letter in the mail today informing me I am still on the list, my rank has been bumped up 21 spots.

"The City is anticipating the possibility that an interview process will begin in the late spring for a Fire Academy class being held at the end of June 2007."

It goes on to mention that interviews will only be given according to rank, and only to those who possess a current (within 1 year) CPAT.

To the best of anyone's knowledge, when is the next CT CPAT being given? I figured I would approach you all here before I go and call the CT Academy to ask them.

Thanks in advance!

To the best of anyone's knowledge, when is the next CT CPAT being given? I figured I would approach you all here before I go and call the CT Academy to ask them.

You need to schedule your CPAT directly with the CT State Fire Academy:

http://www.ct.gov/cfpc/cwp/view.asp?a=826&Q=246722

Once you pass, you are given a CPAT Card, which is good for one full year for any CT FD.

Do yourself a big favor: PRACTICE! It is a very challenging test, even for those in good shape. Technique is important, so prepare for the CPAT in advance.

Good luck!

The mayor presented his proposed 2007-08 budget earlier this week. In it he proposes to hire 10 ADDITIONAL firefighters after Julyabove what they currently have. This is what was reported in the Danbury Newstimes earleir this week.

So , all you Danbury hopefuls, stay in there, do what these letters say and keep up on your cpat , dont let them expire etc etc etc...

Not only is he proposing to increase the FD, but also the PD. Looks like public safety is taking the fore front this year in Danbury.

Good luck to all involved int eh process.

Thanks for the info guys!! I plan to call first thing Monday morning when I get back from Montour!