Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Danbury West Side Fire Station

5 posts in this topic

I noticed x635's photos of the new Danbury West Side Fire Station, to be the home of Engine 26.

I have a few questions. What will be housed here? I assume that E-26, being a new company, will be getting a new or hand-me-down Engine?

Also, what about staffing? How many are going to staff this station, and where are they going to come from?

A new engine is on order and when delivered should be Engine 26, unless they replace Engine 21 and move that machine out to the West Side. The last I heard was that they were planning on hiring 12 more firefighters to staff the station. Part of that group will go to the March Academy class, however with more retirements possibly comming up, the station may be manned by overtime, but the station has awhile before it opens. I am not sure for certain what the actual plan of action is for that station. They may elect to move the crash truck into that station, but I am not sure if they got the OK from the airport. Engine 26 should be pretty busy on the growing west side. Currently Engine 21 out of HQ is firt due to that area.

I notice 2 bays in the station, any special reason for this? Will the airport rig (currently E26) or the Prime Mover/Decon Trailer be moved out there or is it being kept as a spare bay?

Wasn't the ORIGINAL Engine 26 the Airport Crash apparatus before DFD decided to make it a full engine company?

The airport crash rig is engine 26, however its not staffed. The possibility does exist that the prime mover and decon trailer will be moved from HQ out to the west side, or the spare ladder truck. Any number of possibilities exist. The higher ups have been in the planning process for all this, and last I knew no definite solution has been announced.