Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anybody Catch Mayor Bloombergs Quote?

5 posts in this topic

What do you think he meant by this?

FIRE WIDOW RIPS MIKE'S 'CRUEL' TIP

By CATHY BURKE

NEW YORK POST

January 14, 2007 -- At a ceremony marking the first anniversary of the Black Sunday tragedies, in which three firemen lost their lives in two separate blazes, Mayor Bloomberg callously admonished the widow of one of the fallen heroes to "move on," New York magazine reports.

Jeanette Meyran, who became an advocate for safety ropes for firefighters after the Jan. 23, 2005, Bronx blaze that killed two firemen, including her husband, Curt, bitterly recalls the mayor's brusque advice.

"Jeanette, you have to stop this crusade," the mayor is quoted saying in the magazine, due out tomorrow. "It's been a year. You have to move on. Curt would not want his widow to live this way."

"I appreciate your concern," Meyran replied. "But how does that help me and my children?"

Bloomberg looked away and said, "Take care of this woman," before leaving.

"There's a protocol for the FDNY widow," the mother of three said. "You're in shock, then you go away. I'm not following that protocol."

How does the Mayor of Munchkinland know what Lt. Meyran would have wanted for his wife? I applaud her and all LODD widows, I've seen firsthand how difficult it is to move on and to raise families. These women are very strong and courageous....she should of knocked him out, that would of been sweet.

What a stupid thing to say Mikey....

maybe he should listen to the recording of the radio traffic from the incident, then tell her to "move on".

Despite a carefully constructed PR front, Bloomberg, like Giuliani and pretty much every mayor before him is no friend of FDNY, NYPD or EMS. Not to worry though, karma has a way of coming back and biting people in the a$$.

Mayor Bloomberg is one of the worst mayors, if not the worst, in the history of the City of New York. He has so much money that on a very basic personal level, he is disconnected from the ordinary citizens of the City, saying nothing of the fact that he looks down upon the City's public servants with nothing but disdain. Instead of admonishing this poor woman who lost her husband because the idiot that he appointed to run the Department wouldn't equip it correctly, Rich Mayor Pennybags should be actively trying to help solve the problem. But we all know that he won't do that, especially since all he cares about is the almighty dollar.

On a side note, tonight on the news, a reporter asked him why the Police Officer involved in the shooting the other night in Brooklyn had the old-style bulletproof vest. His Highness's answer was, "Well, the real question is why are there so many guns on the street. If we didn't have as many as we do, then this situation would not have happened." Sorry buddy, but that's not the A answer. Instead of hiding behind some half-cocked (no pun intended) gun crusade that a even a Federal judge stated wouldn't work, he should be working with the NYPD so that all of its members have the right safety equipment. But that, like the FDNY equipment issue, requires time, money, and effort.

For the City's public servants, Bloomberg has no time, no money, and no desire to give any effort whatsoever. For himself and his cronies, he has everything, and he laughs all the way to the bank.