Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

LODD -NYSP Trooper Jose Rosado 01-24-07

6 posts in this topic

**Funeral Information To Follow**

" An 18-year veteran of the New York State Police was killed Wednesday morning when his cruiser skidded into oncoming traffic and collided with an oncoming SUV on eastern Long Island, police said.

The trooper, Jose Rosado, 45, of Deer Park, was driving south on County Route 104, a half mile south of Sunrise Highway, at about 8:50 a.m.

He may have slid on "black ice" when he collided with a northbound 2005 Chevy Suburban driven by Linda Ogeka, 47, of Quogue, said Major Walter Heesch, commander of Long Island-based Troop L.

Rosado, the father of two teenage children, was declared dead at the scene, while Ogeka was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital, where she was treated for a broken ankle, Heesch said.

Rosado, who was assigned to the Riverside Barracks on eastern Long Island, was "a spit-and-polish trooper," Heesch said. "He was always happy and dealt well with the public."

Yet another tragedy hits the Emergency Services. Very sad, indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to Trooper Rosado's family, friends and the NYSP.

My prayers go out to Trooper Rosado's family and the rest of the NYSP

Viewing:

Michael J. Grant Funeral Home

571 Suffolk Avenue

Brentwood, New York 11717

Phone: (631) 273-4443

Saturday, January 27th and Sunday, January 28th

2:00pm - 4:00pm

7:00pm - 9:30pm

Funeral:

St Anne's RC Church

88 Second Avenue

Brentwood, NY 11717

Monday, January 29th

10:45am

My condolences to Trooper Rosado's family, friends and brothers and sisters with the NYSP. May he Rest In Peace.

Prayers to the trooper, his family, freinds and fellow troopers. Another tragic loss to remind us we don't always go home :-(