Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calhobs

LODI FDNY EMS Capt

8 posts in this topic

this happend monday

Hey...

A car struck FDNY-EMS Capt. Steven Quirindongo (46) so hard it smashed the vehicle's windshield and sent him flying through the air.

Quirindongo a 19-year veteran, was on the scene of a fire in the Bronx yesterday afternoon when a civilian car drove past the cops barricades and hit him from behind. FDNY had 2 FF's with minor injuries and FDNY EMS was treating them when Capt. Quirindongo was walking back to the ambulance and struck by the civilian vehicle.

The Captain was walking from the scene across a street to the EMS unit when a Volkswagen struck him. Surveillance cameras at a gas station on the street caught the impact. The driver, 40 year-old Jay Friedenberg of Greenwich, CT was charged with failure to yield to an emergency vehicle and driving on the wrong side of the street. Capt.

Quirindongo was listed in serious condition last night.

Video on this is available at:

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_021210339.html

Take Care-BE CAREFUL on the roadways....expect the clueless civilians to NOT see us.

BillyG

The Secret List 1-22-07 / 1357 Hours

www.FireFighterCloseCalls.com <http://www.FireFighterCloseCalls.com>

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the Captain. Unfortunately, this just goes to show you how careless today's drivers are.

I wish this was careless. That jackass intentionally dove around barriers, past PD and clipped the Captain.

I agree, that's not carelessness, thats darn intentional. Everyone thinks their stupid agenda is more important than anyone elses, even those saving lives and in this instance, they didn't take the time to slow down and be careful. I can't judge b/c i wasn't there, but it doesnt sound like there was good scene safety w/ regards to traffic flow. I hope the Cpt. is back on his feet soon.

I worked with Steve when I first started with NYCEMS, He was one of my first partners, the best to you and you family Cap get back soon

I worked with Steve when I first started with NYCEMS, He was one of my first partners, the best to you and you family Cap get back soon

Steve is my capt @ bat 17 just got there a couple of months back, a real standup guy, very personable, from what I was told fx to C spine and I was told he was released from 25 yeasterday (jacobi) thats all I know right now if I find out more I will post more

Casson Jr Haz Tac EMT 17H3

This really gets my knickers in a knot. I agree, this is not carelessness, its plain stupidity. The cops blocked the road for a damn reason and agian to reiterate what was said earlier, people are so busy with their schedules that their only care is getting to their next event on time. People in general just need to slow down...5 minutes late isnt gonna kill anyone.