Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Want To See FDNY Pierce R1 & Rescue Me Ladder?

8 posts in this topic

Just got a heads up from a good friend that the new FDNY Pierce Arrow XT and the Ladder from Rescue Me will be appearing this weekend at the Long Island Fire Expo.

I'm on days sad.gif

I saw that new R-1 heading westbound on the LIE at around exit 51 0600 this morning. I don't know what it was doing that far out east. I do know FDNY uses a diesel shop in Ronkonkama(exit 57) for warranty work.

A couple of weeks back I also spotted the Rescue Me ladder on the street in Astoria Queens, where they film most of the show. I got a picture with my cellphone camera, but as you can imagine it was pretty grainy. I'm on the day tour as well, gonna miss the show again this year. mad.gif

Long Island Fire Expo.

I'm on days  sad.gif

I'm on the day tour as well, gonna miss the show again this year. mad.gif

Where exactly is this show?

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

They were both there, all the way in the back of the Expo Hall. The reason it was so far out east is because the Pierce Dealership is out in Shirley (Exit 68 on LIE). The Firematic rep at the show I talked to said its being delivered to the city on Monday so it should be in service pretty soon. The Rescue Me truck is Pierce's 100" Aluminum HD aerial. I think when they originally started as use in the show had a steel aerial but not 100% certain.

The Velocity demo was there as well..definitely interesting chassis to finally see in person. There was more room in back than in a Quantum, but the Officers seat seemed a little narrower and ther was a lot other stuff on top of the bunkhouse. If you ignore the asthetics of the front it wasnt that bad.

Edited by Taz288

I thought it had already been @ the FDNY shops for some time?

I thought it had already been @ the FDNY shops for some time?

Yes it has but this if for permanent delievery I guess after stuff was worked out between the shops and Firematic, like any last minute changes or modifcations. My dept got a new truck in around the same time as Rescue 1, they dropped it off with us and we made up a checklist of stuff that needed to be done locally by firematic. That can take a few weeks. Firematic sold around 60 trucks last year, they can have several trucks waiting for the inhouse modifcations at any one time.

Just got a heads up from a good friend that the new FDNY Pierce Arrow XT and the Ladder from Rescue Me will be appearing this weekend at the Long Island Fire Expo.

I'm on days  sad.gif

Yes both rigs were at the show this year... Looked quite impressive and hopefully FDNY makes good use out of them, and the best of luck to the men and women who will be riding them...