Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x2371

The "New" Pleasantville Tanker 57

22 posts in this topic

The Old Tanker 5 has left Bedford Hills and is now located in Pleasantville. It went on a couple of road tests for us to see if it could pull the hills and it did. It isn't a speed demon but it gets there. We will hopefully finish the paper work with the Hills in the next week or so and all we have to do is a couple of minor repairs and a little driver training and we will be putting it in service. We have put in with the county for a Tanker number and it is not 17. It will soon be renumbered and called Tanker 57. I would like to thank all the members of the Hills for their help and would also like to thank my members who have and will be doing work to the tanker at no cost to us to help me with this project. Without there help and donated time I might not have been able to get this to happen. As soon as I get a chance will take some before and after pics and send them in.

This tanker will give our tax payer better fire protection and hopefully we can return some of the help that we have recieved in the past when we didn't have a Tanker. Hopefully we will have it in sevice by the end of the month.

Here's a shot of it before it left Bedford Hills (Photo by x635)

[attachmentid=1943]

post-2-1170894186.jpg

We like 57 and it gives a little props to Bedford Hills for the donation

We like 57 and it gives a little props to Bedford Hills for the donation

THANKS FERG!!! Love the new number and hope it serves you pvill well.

Good luck with your tanker. It is nice to see older but still useful appartus being passed to another Fire Dept. I also like that is #57 .

Good luck with your tanker. It is nice to see  older but still useful appartus being passed to another Fire Dept. I also like that is #57 .

hey mike were in your district do you need a tanker and why now and not before this what have you been doing for water in that area of town

We have the whole Locust area, Hardscrable area, Mountain Rd, and Usiona area with no hydrants or really low pressure. When I became Chief I change the pre plans to Tanker Opps. We use to lay over 5000' of hose, now we call Millwood and Pocantico Hills Tankers on any possible Structure or inside smoke. Now we can not tax the other departments and help ourselfs.

Hey Ferg, is this going to be a new company or is this going to be added to either Hays or pioneer as the responsible ones for maintaining this piece? I also think this has been a long time comming. It it is not new news that you guys have water supply issues in these areas. I remenber having to pack pleanty of hose up in these neighborhoods and think this was a great idea . Good luck with it. -Josh

Being an Ex-Chief of a department who relies heavily upon the use of tankers, I can relate to your situation in those areas. Great move, Chief! Nice to see a Chief make a move like this!

We have the whole Locust area, Hardscrable area, Mountain Rd, and Usiona area with no hydrants or really low pressure. When I became Chief I change the pre plans to Tanker Opps.  We use to lay over 5000' of hose, now we call Millwood and Pocantico Hills Tankers on any possible Structure or inside smoke.  Now we can not tax the other departments and help ourselfs.

If you haven't called already, I'm sure Mike (2252) and the boyz in Millwood would love to come meet with you guys to see what your SOP/SOG's for the new rig will be.... And to do a join Tanker drill so that everyone is in the know for when it really counts.

Congrats...

These photo op's I'm missing are torturing me! Hopefully when I'm better I can come up and shoot it.

I'm also curious as to what company it will be assigned to?

I rememeber this piece being in beautiful condition when it was replaced in 2005 before going over the BDPW. It's a 1979 International, refurbished (with a new tank added) by WildFire in the late 1990's.

hey fergie

good move on getting this done and im also curious as to which house will it be in and under whose care will it be to maintain

good luck guys

rolleyes.gif

Edited by spike2231

Driving by today, I saw it inside at the Hayes House.

To my knowledge, its going to be kept up at hays and maintained and manned by them as well.

Edited by DCurtis

How much water does Tanker 57 carry? Any amount will defeinatley be a big help in the areas 2371 mentioned.

It carries 2400 gallons of water. Yes, it will be at Hays Hose and manned by them. I will hopefully start to get it ready to go into service this week. I have members that have volunteered there services in doing a sevice on the rig, lettering, radio install and siren install. It will also be going over to Corsi Tire for new rims and tires. It currently has split rims and for safety reason we will be getting new rims and radial tire to replace the bias tires it has now. I hope to have it in service in the next couple of weeks. I have already missed out on 2 mutual aid calls with it in Hawthorne with broken water mains. Most of my members can't wait to get it into service. I also have to give my commissioners some props for letting this happen. But when it comes down to it the people of Pleasantville will get the biggest benifit.

How about low pros wrapped around chromed spinners

A phooto of the "new" Tanker 57 after it's Pleasantville is now posted on http://www.emtbravo.com courtesy of x2371

Wow the tanker looks great. best of luck with it. Good move going to the tubeless radial tires. When we changed our old tanker over it made a big difference with the performance of the rig, and we dont get as many flat tires anymore.

nice! good luck with the Tanker 57

Speaking of T-57, are you guys from P'ville coming to our drill in Croton on 5/20? We haven't heard yet...