Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biglew

Mount Vernon truck companies

10 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me the current situation with ladder companies in Mount Vernon?

What I am trying to find out is the status of the Mack tower ladder. Is it only a spare, or is it in service as a full time truck company? Does it get pressed into service only for working fires?

I know the Seagrave tower is Tower 1, and the E-One bucket is Ladder 3, and that they are both still in service,but I keep seeing photos on this site of MV jobs where the Mack TL is at work and I think is says Tower 1 on the rig.

At the recent MV 4th alarm, which of the trucks were operating? I know the Seagrave tower 1 and the E-One Lad 3 were there. Was the Mack TL there too?

I also know the Mack TL was at the 3rd on 2-9-07.

Thanks,

Lew

as of this writing TL-1 (new seagrave) is in service as ladder co # 2 @ station #1. TL-4 (old mack) is in service at station #3 and is being called ladder #3, Ladder #3 is out of service at station #3 (e-one) confused yet? all 3 were put into service last week during the fires.

I think you are confused because you think ladder 3 (E-One) is still in service because it was in a couple of pictures. If you notice the mack truck was brought in and put where ladder 3 was opperating after she blew a waterway seal. It went O/O/S at the job.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Thanks guys,

So normally, the Seagrave TL would be in service at Sta 1 and the E-One would be in service as Lad 3 at Sta 3.

So....... the Mack TL would be a dept spare if the other two are operable. But with the Seagrave having been OOS for such a long time and now the E-One, the Mack is constantly on the job. Got it, thanks.

Bring Back FDMV Snorkel 1 - Now there was a really reliable truck that served Mount Vernon for many many years!

once they get everything squared away Ladder 2 the Seagrave Straight Stick that is waiting to be fixed will be out of headquaters (station 1) and the new Seagrave Tower ladder will be out of 3rd street (station 3). The old mack and the e-one will be spares im assuming

Is Tower 1 a Seagrave/Aerialscope 75' MM Tower???

Ok, thanks. i heard a rumor of Mount Vernon getting a Seagrave but just didnt know if it was true. know i know it is laugh.giflaugh.gif

The Ferrara Engines Up In Mount Vernon Are Pretty Nice. anybody got some pics of them?