Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DOC22

Lake Carmel - Non LODD

5 posts in this topic

Being a 28 year plus employee of NYC DEP, I knew Rich Warnken for many years.

Rest in Peace, Brother

From lohud.com

WARNKEN, RICHARD

February 27, 2007

Richard Warnken died on February 24, 2007. He was born on July 2, 1941 in the Bronx, NY to the late Theodore and Miriam (Schroeder) Warnken. He worked for the NYC Dept. of Environmental Protection for 38 years and retired in 2000. Mr. Warnken married Patricia Bittner on June 23, 1962. He served with the US Marines Corp. from 1961 to 1964. He also survived served in the Army Reserves for 24 years, then with the U.S. Army Militia from 2002 to 2005 and was currently in the U.S. Airforce Militia Rank of Staff Sergeant. Mr. Warnken was a life-time member of the Lake Carmel Fire Department; he also served with the Fire Police, and EMT-D. He was a member of FOP-Steven Driscoll Lodge. He loved being an usher at Our Lady of Lake Church, in Lake Carmel, NY. He is survived by his beloved wife Patricia, his loving daughter Jennifer Warnken Werner and two wonderful grandsons, Joshua and Cody. Visitation will begin on Tuesday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 and Wednesday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 at Cargain Funeral Home, Carmel, (845)225-3672. A Mass of Christian Burial will be on Thursday at Our Lady of the Lake at 10:00 a.m. Interment to follow at Rose Hills Memorial Park.

RIP Brother, my thoughts and prayers are with the Warnken family and to my good friends at LCFD

Richie has been my right hand man on the ambulance for 7 yrs now, i will miss him greatly, Rest in Peace my friend- you'll be greatly missed sad.gif

This is a tough one to take. Rich was my mentor in my early days with LCFD. As time went on, he became a friend, and a father figure. Always knew it was gonna be a fun ride in the back of 17-7-1 when he was on board. God Bless you, my old friend. May the original SSgt. DADBO RIP.

Richie, Dennis and I manned 17-7-1 on Tuesday nights for many years. Oh, the stories that I could tell.

Richie loved his country, his community and his family. RIP my friend.