Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Yorktown/Millwood MVA w/pin 09-08-04

4 posts in this topic

Date: 09-08-04

Time: 1140HRS(approx.)

Location: Taconic State Pkwy. SB (exact location unknown to this writer)

Frequency: 46.26

Units: Yorktown Car 2533(IC), E270, R16, MA8, Millwood Car 2252 & E247, Yorktown VAC, Ossining VAC & 34M1.

Description: MVA w/extended extrication, TSP SB, Yorktown & Millwood FD's dispatched & handled.

Upon their arrival, E270 confirming extrication will be needed.

Car 2533 later requested Somers re-locate 1 engine to Yorktown FD HQ to cover, Yorktown operating at several alarms other than this MVA. Somers E181 & Car 2442 handled.

Car 2533 advised of extended extrication.

34M1 confirmed 2 patients total, requesting 2 buses to the scene.

Writer: BFD1054

*I was unable to record times and or exact info on this job, so anyone with further, please post.

I was at work, but spoke with 2252 briefly this is what I got.

TSP SB b/t Rt 134 & Pinesbridge Rd

Millwood R-36, E247, E248

Yorktown E270 (possibly R-16 & MA-8 )

SB Vehicle hydroplaned @ excessive speed hit large tree.

All tools / hands working

At least one pt critical.

Possible original dispatch as vehicle into Croton Res.

Edward Smith

Captain (2254)

Millwood Fire Department

mfc, thank you for the info. I too was at work but heard it come in and i monitored it. That makes sense now, i know i heard R16 & MA8 on the air. I also heard that Somers & Mahopac Falls Dive Teams were on stand by. So i think R16 & MA8 were assigned to search the area around the Rt 134 bridge, while E270 was at the MVA scene. I was a bit confused, but it now makes more sense, so thank you!

YHFD was dispatched to a reported vehicle in the water (resevoir) S/B TSP. at the same time 60 control was reporting of another MVA S/B south of Rt.134 60 was asked by 2533 if they can find out if they were the same call. 60 (unable) 2533 asked to have Millwood FD dispatched to the seconded MVA. R16 & MA8/ Dive trailer and 2530 checked the resevoir and the roads under the bridge. Eng 270 contuined south to the reported 2nd MVA.

There was NO vehicle in the Resevoir.

Note: this was infact the same call.

YHFD would like to thank Millwood FD for there asst. And would also like to thank Somers FD for there asst.

Mutral-Aid works in Westchester every FD should use it but don't abuse it