Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mofire24

Did the county purchase Syossett FD Rescue Truck

12 posts in this topic

I Heard that Westchester County bought two rescue trucks from Syosset FD for the technical rescue team and that one of the two trucks one being a 10 man pierce Heavy Rescue is sitting at the training center now anyone have anymore info

I Heard that Westchester County bought two rescue trucks from Syosset FD for the technical rescue team and that one of the two trucks one being a 10 man pierce Heavy Rescue is sitting at the training center now anyone have anymore info

yes they bought the rigs... the Rescue is at WCFTC fully lettered with equipment.. its not a 10 man and not pierce its saulsbury and 2 man front cab with a walk in body don;t know exactly how many seats are in the back.. The side lettering reads Westchester County Technical Rescue Team and department of emergency services.

Rescue Co. 77

the 2nd piece is a 20 ft box truck loaded with lumber, which is out getting lettered as last i heard.

Here is the add from when it was for sale:

2001 Spartan/Saulsbury walk-in rescue truck. It has only 2,500 miles on it !!

Detroit diesel Series 60 6 cyl.

Automatic transmission

8 man -2 door Gladiator cab

Extended front bumper with two cord reels and winch

Includes a truck mounted “A “ frame utility crane.

Back-up camera

All equipment, lights , radios and SCBA’s are included.

Equipment includes:

Stanley HP-1 Power Center power cart

Search Cam2000 Victim Location System

Air Source cart by Super Can Industries –air tool supply station

Ropes, pulleys, chains etc

Stanley jack hammers,sump pump etc

Support truck is a 2000 Freightliner box truck with 1,400 ,miles

Contains:

Complete set of Paratech trench rescue equipment

Saws, nail guns,miter saw,

Full stock of 4x4s ,plywood etc

Edited by HFD23

Are they going to be part of the grasslands brigade as well?

Arlington FD in Dutchess also put in a bid on the trucks. I read on the AFD web site (www.AFD.org) that they lost out to Westchester County.

Grrrrrr... LOL tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

But seriously, Congrats!

yup those are them, just aside from the new lettering...

Does anyone have pictures or will have pictures of the newly lettered WCTRS apparatus

and i heard that we only were looking at the rescue and not the support truck

I guess that was wrong but im still unsure

How is the training of the tech rescue squad going???

I think it was a package deal. Believe me, the only people that got a better deal than this were the Dutch when they bought Manhattan. Enough said!!

I think it was a package deal. Believe me, the only people that got a better deal than this were the Dutch when they bought Manhattan. Enough said!!

This was definately a package deal and yes it was an amazing one at that. The trucks are beautiful as well as the equipment that comes with them. The Saulsbury is an incredible drive and has quite the turning radius. The Telma retarder is also a different but welcome addition to the apparatus as it is smoother than a "traditional" Jake.

Hopefully they will go to good use and again best of luck... not bad for $475,000!!!!

Edited by Turborich