Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
umfd-330

Attack Hose Brands

4 posts in this topic

We are looking to replace most of our attack hose. Angus, Key, and PON, all have compelling products. We're looking for kink resistance and strength more than anything. But, of course, when you read their marketing material, everybody's hose is the best.

Angus Hi-Combat II is twice the price as various other DJ attack hose brands, which suggests that it has some quality that makes it better. What is it? Is it really so good to warrant spending double?

Any information describing your experience with various brands would be helpful to us.

Thanks,

Joe

We are looking to replace most of our attack hose.  Angus, Key, and PON, all have compelling products.  We're looking for kink resistance and strength more than anything.  But, of course, when you read their marketing material, everybody's hose is the best.

Angus Hi-Combat II is twice the price as various other DJ attack hose brands, which suggests that it has some quality that makes it better.  What is it?  Is it really so good to warrant spending double?

Any information describing your experience with various brands would be helpful to us.

Thanks,

Joe

We started buyng Ponn Conquest after reading a few studies that suggest it actaully is far superior to all other brands in every category (except price). Its not as expensive as Hi-Combat but isn't low end either. I believe we're paying $3.50/ft. The best test I saw was done by Montgomery Co. MD. Fire. you can find their tet results on the Vindicator Nozzle website:

http://www.vindicatornozzle.com/Testimony/...%2520Report.pdf

Look at section #6

The Conquest had the best results for kink resistance, abraision, fricition loss, burn through, etc.

Edited by antiquefirelt

We have a combination of both Conquest and Supreme. While both are favorable during fire operations, we have been experiencing a high failure rate with the Conquest during annual testing.

We utilize a 3rd party to complete our testing and I'm curious to know if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm reading through everything. The montgomery study is very enlightening as is the experience with the reported failure of Ponn conquest.