Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFC278

Gowans/Knight Founder Passes Away

4 posts in this topic

Sadly, the last founding partner of Gowens/Knight Fire Apparatus has died.

Clarke Palmer passed away March 11th in Watertown, CT. I wish to express my condolences to the Palmer family and all the Gowens/Knight staff.

Please go to http://www.gowansknight.com/ for additional info.

Croton Falls FD has purchased several pieces over the years, and never had a problem.

Our thoughts and prayers go to the Palmer Family, the Staff of Gowans Knight, as well as the Watertown FD. May he rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Palmer family, friends, and staff.

Gowans-Knight is one of the most respected fire apparatus companies I know of. You never hear a bad word about them....rare in the industry these days. Great job, Craig.

When I worked for Gowans-Knight from 1997-1999, Clarke had already retired and Craig was running the business, but Clarke was still around and did alot of the pump testing and apparatus design drawings. If you ever wanted to meet someone who really knew his way around fire apparatus, Clarke was it. Sharp as a tack that guy was. The reason Gowans-Knight builds such great equipment is because of the precedence Clark set for the Company. Attention to detail was key for him. Clarke's high standards created a great company who builds great fire apparatus and he will be sorely missed.